“Amazing place to visit and eat”
Review of Le Chalet Robinson

Le Chalet Robinson
Ranked #651 of 3,879 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2012

As my first visit to Brussels my son found this place whilst working here. It is a lovely setting on an island,looks rustic on the outside but very modern inside. I had goats cheese, honey and dried tomatoes open sandwich delicious and he had mussels. Very good service and value for money. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

The setting is lovely in the middle of the park and the brasserie is just fine. Food is OK if not exciting and the service was quite good given that it was quite busy when we visited - in particular we were warmly welcomed. Prices were reasonable. I would visit again.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Getting there is always a challenge. You have to first park you car along side the forest then walk inside the park then wait for the small ferry to take you to the restaurant (you have to pay one Euro, which I found weird and unwelcoming). I tried the terrace and the dining room. The terrace was much better service wise. Its simple offerings are perfect for a sunny day. At the dining room however, I had a very unpleasant experience. Not only was the service very slow but the servers were rude (which unfortunately more typical that not in Brussels). The crockery smelled like eggs and the glasses had fingerprints on them. I ordered what the menu described as a cheeseburger but what I got was a bloody misshapen blob of minced meet without a bun. I did not even bother to argue with the restaurant about this terrible setup (because in this city they believe that the customer is always wrong and ignorant in sophisticated cuisine 99% of the time). I hope it was just a bad evening for the restaurant and not the norm, since I never ventured into their dining room again!

1  Thank A J
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We walked from our car to the restaurant and On the way we saw a little golf cart.
It came in our direction and the driver asked if we were headed for the chalet robinson.
He worked for the restaurant and gave us a ride to the pier, an arrival in style.
Then across the water with the nice ferry. Inside we were nicely greeted and shown to our table, next to the window with a nice view of the lake.
Service was very friendly all evening, except for the fact that they forgot to present the suggestions to us. The food was nice altough no haute cuisine. We enjoyed the nice setting, the very attentive and professional staff and the interesting menu with nice drinks, wines and other.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Quite picturesque and original location for this resto situated on an island in the Bois de la Cambre Park. The building itself, though, is not that nice and the food mediocre. Good service.

2  Thank apalmero