“Business meeting with ETC colleagues”

Aqua Hotel Brussels
Ranked #74 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Aqua hotel on Rue De Stassart was easy to find and close to my meeting venue. The design of the interior of hotel is interesting - super modern.

The hotel is situated only 10-15 minutes walking from the city center, which is ideal for an evening meal, and walking through an older neighborhood.

Room Tip: Quiet room and good service. Front desk and breakfast were very friendly.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel is not really at a tipical tourist location,but close to some business areas. Grand Place is about a 30 min walk from here. It is on a small street which makes it calm and pleasant although close to one of the main streets of Brusseles. It is modern and clean. Price was much better than any similar level hotel in the area, so if you are on business at this part of Brussels I can recomand this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you need to be for business close to Place Louise, this hotel is an excellent choice. The hotel is situated only 10-15 minutes walking from the city center, so even for pleasure trips it might fit. There are multiple public parking houses nearby and restaurant and bars just around the corner. It is a very new and modern hotel, where you have all facilities you need. The rooms are very spacious and the bed is comfortable. There is free wifi and the breakfast has plenty of choice and is of good quality. So all in all, a nice place to spend the night in Brussels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Aqua is a modern hotel in an old neighborhood, it's in Rue de Stassart which is narrow street with old buildings that are being renovated so there is a lot of construction works going on close to the hotel. I liked the hotel, it's bright and modern, nice lighting in lobby and hallways.
Staff is friendly, breakfast is good but I had to be careful in the breakfast room as part of it has low ceiling and I'm a tall person.

The rooms are not big, but have a small desk and a free Wi-Fi is available. Beds are fine and bathroom is also OK. There is a safe in the wardrobe and the wardrobe is rather smal but was sufficient for me. I only use the room for sleeping and a little work after meetings so it's enough for me.

From the hotel it's only 15 min walk to Grand Place and a subway station is very close by (Porte de Namur). A big Galleria is underground in the next building with lot of good shops. I allays stay in this area when I'm in Brussels, as it is not far from the EU district, only a short walk from the city center and very close to the famous shopping street Av. de la Toison d´Ore. Plenty of small Restaurants close by like in Rue Jordan only 8 min walk. Aqua is my type of business hotel and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street, my room (209) had a window to the back garden, no special view...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Aqua hotel has been my preferred place to stay whenever I'm in Brussels for some time so I was disappointed with aspects of my most recent stay.

The biggest problem was the absence of hot water in the morning which took so long to arrive that I called Reception, who told me all was well so I just needed to be patient. When it finally did come, I must have run the equivalent of a good bath-full of potable water down the drain which rather undermines the hotel's eco-credentials. I was staying on floor -2 for the first time so I wonder if the problem is specific to that floor as it has never been a problem on previous stays.

A rather more minor issue is that when, on the advice of Reception, I got in the lift to go to my room, the lift just dropped then stopped, without opening the doors. The person who responded to the alarm unfortunately didn't appear to understand my English so I resigned myself to a long wait, but perhaps he did, as suddenly the buttons were working again and I transferred at -1 to the other lift to continue my journey down.

An even more minor issue was that there seemed to be a problem in the breakfast catering area the day I stayed as many tables were uncleared, necessitating the appearance of a large industrial trolley complete with very dirty-looking plastic bin, into which the table were cleared. Not a particularly pleasing sight at breakfast, and not one that has been evident before.

Otherwise it was the hotel I know and love - great rooms, free WiFi, bright, close to the Metro. Just hope that December was a blip!

Room Tip: If you take a room on -2, ask for direction to the stairs, and be patient waiting for hot water.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles L
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Aqua Hotel is sitted 10-15 minutes walking outside the city center (Grand Place) and really close (50 mt) to the club Spirito-Martini: city zone not seems to be the better part of Bruxelles (above all for the littery We noted besides the street): however hotel rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. We stayed 3 nights on new years eve, service was really nice, breakfast, included in the price We paid, was excellent. Recommended for short stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

So yes it is new and clean as many new hotels can be. However, they are many downfall:

Staff: It was our second time, and we are not impressed with the staff working there, it is very disorganized, people are rude and the young women working there do not address you professionally and make sarcastic suggestions. I know it is not a language barrier since we speak French as well fluently. Since this hotel open they hire the wrong staff except the young man in the evening who has been there since 2011, he is pretty cool.

Rooms: they are small as many are, however, you feel stuffed, there is no air, and you cannot really open window as most of them are open on the lobby area or the inside of the hotels, the basement the few which are open to outside are on an ugly street with construction.

Customer service: we had rooms cancellation for emergency reasons and gave them enough notice, but there was no flexibility whatsoever. There are contract terms indeed but this applies to all hotels all over the world and if you are faithful customers, hotels are to supposed show flexibility and they have not, compare to many other hotels in Brussels where my company had booked rooms, we were penalized by Aqua hotel whether it was a few weeks cancellation or same day cancellation, they apply the same policy.

So my recommendation is you have far more nicer hotels in Brussels and nicer staff to enjoy your stay in Brussels but this is not the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business