1,857 results
All reviewsschuman metro stationfree wifileopold parkplace jourdanmaison antoineeuropean quartereu areaeu institutionsfunky hotellarge tveuropean commissioncomfortable bedgreat showerwalk in showercity centrereception deskcroissants
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stay in this hotel regularly as I attend meeting in the Commission Buildings. The location is ideal as it's literally minutes away. The bus from Brussels airport stops directly opposite the hotel.

The rooms are really spacious and beautifully decorated. The staff are always cheerful and extremely helpful. It's an excellent hotel, there is free Wifi, which I never have any trouble connecting to and there's also a facility to print documents in their reception area. It's the little things, that make life simpler - like free bottled water, Bliss products in the bathroom, an iron and ironing board in the room rather than having to ring. The option to leave your bag with them on check-out is great as it's saves you having to drag it round for the day!

Honestly I have only good things to say about the accommodation & staff. The restaurant I can't comment on apart from to say its a bit pricey. I go the Exki coffee shop just up the road as I only want a light breakfast and this is a much cheaper option than dining in the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Aideensky
coenvan, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hi Aideensky,

You indeed seem to be a regular with us - thanks for your loyalty and we hope you will come back many more times!

We're glad to read that you enjoy staying with us so much and that you value the little things we have put in place to make you have an easy breezy stay with us.

Wishing you a great day and see you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2013

During the holiday season, I stayed at the Aloft, a subsidiary of W hotels. The hotel had a minimalist European style with some unfortunate economies that made it feel like a hip travel lodge (bar soap, seating in lobby, spartan breakfast of plastic foods).

Be careful about buying rates with breakfast included. The overall price for the breakfast should be no more than 10 additional Euros per person. Otherwise, walk a few blocks to a cafe and get a warm latté and breakfast.

The best part of my stay was provided by the comfortable bed and some of the hotel staff. As well, the hotel has a pet plan. The location is great for access to the metro and to the many sites in the center of town.

In addition, the value for price can be achieved through searching for the best web deals for your stay. If I needed to return to Brussels and could find a good web rate, I would stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the best web deal possible. The hotel web site is not bad and try and select the right group rate for best discount.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ballyga
coenvan, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hi ballyga,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay over the holiday season with us at Aloft. We hope you got to celebrate in style - at least the city was all geared up for it!

The price of breakfast is indeed a maximum of 10 euros. We also have a package of 6 euros if you don't fancy more than just a croissant, coffee and a juice.

We're pleased to read that the service of our staff appealed to you and that the bed and other facilities were comfortable as well.

All rates that our bought via our own website have a "best rate guarantee" - if you find a cheaper one anywhere else we will refund you the difference + some more!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I enjoyed my three-night stay at this hotel. The room was a decent size, immaculate, boasting a luxurious king-sized bed with nice sheets, and modern bathroom fixtures. The buffet breakfast also offered many healthy and tasty options. Wireless is included in the room charge, along with a free copy of Wallpaper magazine. Nice trendy bar, with reasonably-priced drinks. Overall, very good value for money (I paid € 150 a night, which may be less than the usual going rate as I was part of a large group booking).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hi NK419,

Seems you had a great time whilst staying with us - great to know and thanks for sharing!

It seems you indeed had a very decent rate over the mid-week period, although early bookers often get a great rate as well. We're glad to read that you enjoyed our breakfast setup and offering. We are aware that this is different from the conventional hotel however we feel it generally works well for our on-the-go clientele.

Hopefully you will be back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I LOVED this hotel. The bedding was soft and comfortable. The staff went over and above my expectations to help us. We were starved for dinner one night, and the front desk clerk even called and placed our order, as we only speak English. I would definitely recommend this hotel, as well as stay here again. We had breakfast each morning, and it was a tasty delight.

It was also close to the Schuman Metro station.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Hi Andrea821,

That's just awesome! You seemed to have had a super time enjoying the city and the various facilities the hotel has to offer. Good service makes all the difference and I know we are blessed with some excellent talents that go the extra mile if they have to.

Hopefully this was not the last time you visited us. Come back for some more a-list adventure!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel delivered everything as it was advertised on line. It was a pleasure to stay here. We were greeted by friendly smiling staff when we arrived. Made us feel relaxed the moment we walked in
. Anything we needed , the staff were there to help us out. Whether it was directions , bus routes etc... they didn't hesitate in offering a helping hand.

Our room was extremely spacious and sparkling clean. Everything seemed so ''new''! Lots of wardrobe space to hang clothes. Even a desk with a view out the window.... Our room was cleaned and beds made every day when we arrived back from visiting the city! Huge walk in bathroom which was immaculate (Shower gel and shampoo provided).

In regards to security , our room had a bolt and a dead-lock on the inside. Room keys are needed to use the lift and also to enter the building in the night time. There was a security guard indoors also , watching the door.

I would recommend this hotel to people who are considering traveling to Brussels. Relaxed , funky and all round great place to stay! Keep up the great work all you guys at Aloft! Big thumbs up! :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple