1,857 results
All reviewsschuman metro stationfree wifileopold parkplace jourdanmaison antoineeuropean quartereu areaeu institutionsfunky hotellarge tveuropean commissioncomfortable bedgreat showerwalk in showercity centrereception deskcroissants
Reviewed September 5, 2012

First up, the hotel is located very close (400m) to Schuman Metro station. From there you can get any where in Brussels - including Brussels Midi Train Station.

When I booked I was looking for a triple room. I found that the Aloft was so reasonably priced that I could book two separate rooms for what other hotels were charging for triples. My parents had a room on the 1st floor and I had a room on the 8th floor. The rooms were identical – except mirrored.

The room on the 8th floor felt larger for some reason, but I put this down to the fact the 1st floor room had its window obscured by a raised path and trees. The 8th floor room was MUCH brighter and had a lovely breeze flow through when the window was opened. If you asked me I would take the 8th floor room any day. All rooms come with controllable air-conditioning which was a relief. It was very warm while we were there and having the ability to cool the room was great.

The Wi-Fi was sensational – lightening fast and with a constant signal. The tea and coffee facilities were welcomed, as was the generous size safe (I could fit my laptop in there). The dispensers in the shower mean you never run out of body wash or shampoo and the shower is great after a long day of sightseeing in Brussels. The TV has loads of stations with loads of languages on offer, and there is also a gym (which I used) which is very clean and fresh, and has controllable air conditioners in it.

Staff are super friendly, the decor is very funky and modern. We spent an late evening in the hotel bar when we got in after sightseeing. The prices were very reasonable and there is a good cocktail menu. There is also a ‘play room’, which made a game of Wii Tennis very interesting after a few drinks.

In addition, there is a very affordable and well sized supermarket across the road that is open quite late. It makes a very decent alternative the ‘food-on-the-go’ section of the hotel.

Thanks to the friendly staff there who made our visit a memorable one. I will be returning to Brussels in the near future and will be staying at the Aloft Schuman again.

Room Tip: Rooms from the 4th floor up have a decent view. From the 8th floor the view is exceptional.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dazzler-TA
coenvan, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Hi Dazzler-TA,

During the months of July, August and generally over the weekends throughout the year our hotel is priced particularly attractive. It seems you made good use of this by booking two rooms so well done on you!

You've used a lot of our services when you stayed with us, from the gym, wifi, bar, etc and seem to appreciate the core of which our brand has been built around - design, technology and social space. We're delighted that this has the effect on our travelers the way we envisaged it.

Hope to have you back with us soon. Have an easy breezy day!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I paid (early booking special price) 63 euros per night, on a week-end in June. The rooms are really big, brand new, very well designed (everything has been thought, is practical and pretty!). I has a view on the roof "garden" which is really pretty. The bed is very comfortable. The shower is big and furnished with "Bliss" products. There is a very long desk, a big screen TV.
The only small drawback is that it is not right in the center of the city but 2 subway stations away. It did not bother me. I came back at night after dinner by cab (12/15 euros) from the center.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
coenvan, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Hi PrincessSarahParis,

Isn't our Green Roof Terrace lovely? It's one of those things we do to further establish ourselves as a Green Key hotel. On top of that it just looks lovely - much better than a tarmac finishing, no?

We're indeed not located smack in the center of town but right next to all the key EU institutions with easy access in/out of Brussels. As you pointed out correctly, we're only 3 metro stops away from the Central Station which should make it possible to get to the Grand Place within 15 minutes.

We're very thankful for your great review and hope you will be back soon.

Have an easy breezy day!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here by myself for a week in August 2012. I was impressed by the trendy hotel decor, very friendly and helpful staff and decent free WiFi. The king-size mattress was super comfortable and the shower was great too. The hotel is well placed next to the Schuman Metro. I really liked the 5 euro voucher you earn if you do not need your room cleaned for the day. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hi Ludwig S,

It seems you had an A+ experience with us at Aloft; great news! As the hotel has received a Green Key certification we are actively focused on trying to limit our carbon footprint through initiatives that make sense for both our guests and the business. By declining housekeeping for a day, you help us save on laundry cleaning, transport, chemicals, etc. In return we give you a voucher for a drink at the bar. A win-win-win!

Thanks and have an easy breezy day.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I liked this hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful (they pointed us in the right direction for the Police Station as our first experience of Brussels was when we were robbed in the underground station!). The room was large, as was the TV and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was nice and clean, though oddly there was no toilet brush and I did miss having a bath, though the shower cubicle was fine. I had booked two rooms and the soap dispenser in the bathroom of the twin room had not been filled. If we had been staying longer than one night we would have reported it to reception, but we managed without - something which the cleaners should have noticed however. They were quite mean with the tea bags - one of Earl Grey and one of ordinary breakfast tea, so if anyone doesn't like Earl Grey (as we don't), then you have to do without. I do think they could have supplied a few teabags for each person. The free bottle of water was appreciated though. We liked the open aspect of the bar area and enjoyed a drink there in the evening. However, I'm not sure I would book again as we didn't find a good choice of restaurants in the area for our evening meal. In future, I would probably book a hotel in the city centre.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hi Katmel,

What a shame you did not find any restaurants in the area. Highly unusual though as there are so many! The Jourdan Square is only a 3 mins walk away and has a wide offering of cuisines with a large variety in level of formality - from french fries and pizza, to proper Belgian/French, Asian or even Steak houses. Also, our Front Desk should have been able to recommend you anything to your liking.

We will certainly also take on board your other comments made and pass them onto the relevant departments. It is great to read though that overall you really liked us.

Hopefully you will back at some point.

Have an easy breezy day!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great sized, modern,spacious rooms with air conditioning that works. Fabulous hotel, not too far away from Schuman Metro station in the "European Parliament" area. We didn't bother with the breakfast buffet so can't comment but the staff were friendly and knowledgeable, all in all the whole place had a fresh vibe and it did exactly "what it said on the tin". I won't go there again now I've seen the highlights of Brussels, but if I ever get elected I would........ unlikely I guess.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rubi147
coenvan, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Hi Rubi 147,

You never know - you might just be the next Baroso! Anyways... thanks for voting on us here on Tripadvisor :-).

We are very happy to read that you had such a great time and enjoyed the room, facilities and services. The trendy design mixed with technology features and a vibrant social buzz seem to have really hit home for you. We're glad and hope you will tell many others to come and stay with us when they visit Brussels.

Have an easy breezy day.