$122
The Dominican(Brussels)
$215
$113
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

Hotel Amigo(Brussels)
$154
$147
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$131
NH Hotels
$159
$233
$223
  • Room Service
1,849 results
All reviewsschuman metro stationfree wifileopold parkplace jourdanmaison antoineeuropean quartereu areaeu institutionsfunky hotellarge tveuropean commissioncomfortable bedminute walkgreat showercity centrehotel barreception desk
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hotel is great! The staff are very helpful and friendly, and the rooms are futuristic. If you arrive by car, try to get a spot in front by the curb otherwise their car garage is 25 euro. Rooms are very clean, breakfast is expensive, but fairly good

• Stayed: March 2012
Coennie, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Hi Kdub3,

Thanks for writing these comments about us. You're right - parking in front of the hotel on the Rue Justus Lipsius is free every day after 6 PM and all day Saturday and Sunday! The cost of our breakfast is either 6 or 10 euros which we believe is very reasonable seen that most of our competitors charge a minimum of 25 euros. A package of 10 euros gives you a selection of any 5 items offered. Almost all the time this fits the average persons breakfast needs. If you want anything extra you pay per items. Seems a fair deal, no?

Oveall it seems you really enjoyed your time with us. I do hope this means you will be back with us soon.

Have a great day!

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night in March 2012. Arrived late on a Thursday night to be greeted by small group of 'young things' standing, smoking and drinking outside the main entrance while some of their friends sat in a car playing loud music. Wasn't a great first impression.

Loud music theme continued as our party entered the hotel itself. Turns out that Thursday is happy hour and disco in the hotel. Looked like lots of people were having loads of fun, but not really something I want to be in the midst of on a business trip.

For the second time in the space of a few weeks (see my review of CitizenM Hotel in Glasgow), I came face to face with touch-screen, fully-automated check-in/check-out. However, what I didn't understand is why it was necessary to have a member of staff touching the screen for me and writing my room number on a card. Couldn't that member of staff just waited behind the reception desk and checked me in like any other hotel? Odd!

Loft-style rooms in the hotel are comfortable and large. Good connectivity and choice of TV. Also good that the room offers tea/coffee making facilities. Bed was comfortable, but I was woken quite early by noise coming from the road beneath my window (I think the rubbish was being collected).

The dining facilities at the hotel are pretty poor. It is essentially a 'grab and go' type of set-up. One of our party ate a pizza on the Thursday night and wasn't impressed - basically a chilled pizza stuck into a microwave for a few minutes. I had breakfast in the morning, but the choice was pretty limited (cold cuts, cheese, fruit, cereal, etc). The pricing for breakfast is also a bit unusual. You can have all you want for €25; 5 items for €10 or 3 items for €6. I went for the latter, but beware that this also includes your hot drink. So, basically paid €6 for a small bread roll with some cured chicken, a banana and a cup of tea. I'd advise going out to one of the nearby cafes or bars to eat.

Check-out was quick and staff were friendly throughout (not always the case in Brussels).

Had the choice to stay here on a follow-up trip a few days later, but chose not to.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Hi Chasse13,

Oh boy.... it seems you arrived right at the moment we had one of our larger events going on. It's normally good fun to have such a lively bar scene with a DJ, our Wii game room, pool table and a nice outdoor terrace if weather permits. Naturally a young crowd causing a lot of disturbance outside on the street through loud music in their cars, etc are not part of this. We'll certainly make sure to keep a close eye on this in the future!

We are currently doing extensive tests on our check-in/out kiosks to see if we can further enhance them. The idea is to make them quicker, more reliable and add features to ensure all elements of your stay are secured in a very consistent way. We're all very excited about this and hence might explain the reason why our talent could not stay off the buttons that you were supposed to press. Eventually we hope that automizing this part of your stay with us will dramatically increase our level of service to you and be able to make the waiting lines for check-in/out that you have in every hotel something of the past. Bare with us whilst we continue to improve this service.

Regarding your comments on our food offering I would be very interested to read what your thoughts are about your experience in Citizen M. We think the actual product offering is pretty much the same and even better in most cases though it somehow seems the perceived value was different. Perhaps you can send me a direct note to let me know furter details (coen.vanniersen@alofthotels.com)?

I do hope you will allow us the pleasure of having you stay with us soon again. Most things that went wrong were incidents and I'd hate to loose you because of them. I would appreciate it if you would contact me for a future stay directly so I can ensure we do our utmost best to show you what we are capable of.

Have an easy breezy day!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is an amazing hotel that, I think, anyone would be happy to stay. Ended up booking this place last minute while in the Atlanta airport while waiting for a flight to Paris.
It was a great deal, about 68 Euro a night? I think. :)
The reviews looked pretty good so i took the chance to head there. I should mention that my French is "n'est pas si bon" and i was traveling alone, i do this sometimes.
I was very pleasantly rewarded with my choice. The hotel is super "swanky" and definitely hip with their hostel style atmosphere downstairs with pool tables and a bar.
Their internet was superb and I think I had one of the best showers of my life in the bar.
Some of their staff were a little standoffish, but the others more than made up for their lack of hospitality.
Now, this place is not exactly by the city center, and if you take the metro to here it can be fairly shady. Also, i had the unfortunate experience of a cabbie taking advantage of me one of the nights and leaving me in the wrong area about a half mile away.
Thankfully, a really nice Belgian guy dropped me off in the hotel at about 5 in the morning.
This is the difference between what i have been told is where true Belgian pride comes into play and that sometimes they do not like the French or Moroccans who no live there do to tourists. I unfortunately had two bad experiences with such individuals during this trip, the cabbie being the second.
But Francois. the you guy joined me for some drinks and freshly baked pizza downstairs in the common area until about 7 in the morning.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, but would recommend it for a younger crowd with a few people in their party, otherwise stick to the main sections of the Brussels Downtown area to save on the expensive taxi rides.
Safe travels.

Room Tip: When booking, you want the street facing the main street. All the others face buildings or alleys.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Shadokai

Hi Shadokai,

I presume that coming home at 5 AM means you had a great night out in the Capital :-)
The hotel is indeed not located in the old city center, though it's not far out either. 30 mins by foot should bring you right onto the grand place and otherwise 3 direct metro stops from Maelbeek Station take you to the Central Station which is steps away from all the happenings.

I'm glad you really enjoyed the hotel, it's public spaces, facilities and rooms. We enjoy good design, technology and a buzzing social space so if you don't have big plans you only have to take the elevator down to the lobby for a buzzy atmosphere.

We hope you will be with us soon again. In the meantime, have an easy breezy day!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

It's a clean, modern, functional hotel in the business district. I would say better suited to business travellers rather than couples or friends. We regularly got taxis to the bars, restaurants or shops but with hindsight we would have been better closer to the bars, restaurants, shops etc... You can't fault how clean, modern and good value this hotel is though. The 'average' rating is more that is was not really suited to my needs.

Room Tip: I have read here that you shouldn't stay on the 1st floor due to noise. The club does get quite rowdy so it is probably a better idea to stay on one of the higher floor. We were on the 4th and it was fine.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed March 19, 2012

A friend and I stayed at this hotel, and it was very nice. The hotel itself is very modern, and has young people working there who were all very friendly and accommodating. The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable and the shower was amazing. There was also free wifi which was nice. The location left something to be desired, but there were a few cute shops and eateries in the area, including a great french fry place. Didn't use public transport, but the city is small enough to walk most places on a nice day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends