“overpriced and not so special vietnamese restaurant”
Review of Koi

Koi
Ranked #2,212 of 3,829 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

small vietnamese restaurant in a shopping area, tables too close to each other, fast service. The food is ok, but nothing special.
Prices are far too high: my vegetarin guest spent €23.00 for a vegetable only salad, a smallish plate of fried soia noodles with a few bits of vegetables inside and a tea.
I had some chicken with my noodles so the bill for me went up to €26.00!
After a couple of hours we had to re-fill with fried belgian potatoes, as we were both very hungry.
For a place where you do not even get a cloth on the table, and considering there are other excellent and cheaper restaurants in that area, it is really way too much.
Totally forgettable

1  Thank zanzara05

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The place is not big but very nice and warm. You feel a bit like in their living room and they try their best to make you feel this way!
The staff is charming and the food was really good. Not as in most places where when you order noodles with scampis, you just have three or four of them!
We joked with the waitress (who seems to be also the boss) and she even offered us "pousse-café".

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Ate here as part of a large group who were in Brussels on business - we ended up here by accident as we had not made any arrangements. Food very nice - I had one of the four vegetarian tofu options and it was really tasty. Dimsum also good and the mint tea after dinner was lovely and served with some traditional sweets which were excellent. The hostess was very helpful and pleasant. Bill came to 30 euro a head including lots of beer. I would recommend this place and would certainly eat here again.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

It seems to me that KOI could be a decent deal when you need to add an asian touch in your food routine. We had nems, spicy prawns with vegetables, prawns with curry and a salad. Although the flavors were not the one that take you in paradise, the ingredients were fresh, the portions adequate, the waitress (owner?) extremely gently, the price very good (approx 30 euros/person).

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Owner was very friendly and welcoming but seemed overworked and in need of help. Busy and popular place. Food was fine. I had duck and it was succulent throughout. Great Chinese lager 'Tsingtao'. Trendy decor but still a casual and relaxing atmosphere as I often dont feel that relaxed in trendy post modern kinda joints. No english menu's.