“trendy place - beautiful location”
Review of Fornostar

Fornostar
Ranked #929 of 3,689 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you like a nice environment, a correct service, an terrace outside or a cosy interior, go there.
Fornostar is a great place, great food, great pizza's.
Service is pro and would go back.

There are newer reviews for Fornostar

Reviewed June 28, 2012

the place is very fancy, people very kind but the cuisine not really Italian...the pizza was not good at all. I precise that I am Italian so i know what i say!!!the only Italian "thing" i saw was one Italian waiter!!!expensive for what you get!

Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Dear Sir, You have to admit that your opinion is quite surprising. You came in October and leave your comment only at the end of June ! I don't want to query about your taste but maybe your memory could make some confusion... . Or staff is composed by Roberto (Sicily), Romolo (Sicily), Linda(Napoli), Gino(Puglia) and Benito(Lombardia) does this not sound enough italian for you ? Our chef Andrea(Abruzzo) came three years ago in Belgium to work with us after a long and succefull career In Abruzzo. Ottavio(Sicily) our pizzaman has just won a contest of the best pizzaïolo in Belgium what means that he will be part of the european contest in Paris in March 2013 ! And me, sorry, I am only half italian. I always take the opportunity to improve my restaurant when I get a bad commentary or a good suggestion but if I read the other comments that you left about the places you have visited in Brussels, you say that everything is expensive and bad ! So anything will change at Fornostar's ! Regards.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

What can I say? If you are looking for a really good Pizza in Brussels, a visit to the Fornostar is a must! Reservation is highly recommended! The metro station "St. Catherine" is more or less in from of the Restaurant!

1  Thank Balu2011
Reviewed April 30, 2012

On the last evening of our trip we enjoyed a wonderful meal at this Italian restaurant. The olives for appetizers were tasty. The tomatoe and onions salads was very fresh and the Chicken Parmigiana was an unexpected delight with its a la vodka sauce. Great meal.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

First night in Brussels and had just arrived. Inviting Restaurant on a nice Square, St. Catherine's, right by a nice waterway and statue. Trendy area that is in the midst of revitalization - will be an amazing place when the entire area is improved. Not really hungry but an unusually cold evening so ducked in and was immediately impressed by the nice decor, music and overall look. Well attended to by the Hostess and her staff and immediately offered a drink social, icy Rosy , which looked great but I was already frozen so I had a nice house red, Italian wine from the Puglia region. I decided on just a pizza as a mixed salad was only as a side for an entre, although the Hostess was very accommodating and would have served it but she advised it was very tiny and hardly worth it. Complimentary olice dish and bread sticks to start. Went with the Napolitana Pizza with the standard anchovies and capers. Very Italian as I could see the open kitchen and the wood burning oven.

Overall it was a great respite, the pizza was very good, filling, and very Italian, the wine nice, and the ambiance very welcoming. I would recommend for a lunch or light fun dinner although viewing some of the pasta plates around me you might enjoy something a bit more fancier and I'm sure it would be nice. The price was definitely reasonable closing out at 16€ with the wine.

BertiBoy