“A unexpected delight!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2012

On the last evening of our trip we enjoyed a wonderful meal at this Italian restaurant. The olives for appetizers were tasty. The tomatoe and onions salads was very fresh and the Chicken Parmigiana was an unexpected delight with its a la vodka sauce. Great meal.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

First night in Brussels and had just arrived. Inviting Restaurant on a nice Square, St. Catherine's, right by a nice waterway and statue. Trendy area that is in the midst of revitalization - will be an amazing place when the entire area is improved. Not really hungry but an unusually cold evening so ducked in and was immediately impressed by the nice decor, music and overall look. Well attended to by the Hostess and her staff and immediately offered a drink social, icy Rosy , which looked great but I was already frozen so I had a nice house red, Italian wine from the Puglia region. I decided on just a pizza as a mixed salad was only as a side for an entre, although the Hostess was very accommodating and would have served it but she advised it was very tiny and hardly worth it. Complimentary olice dish and bread sticks to start. Went with the Napolitana Pizza with the standard anchovies and capers. Very Italian as I could see the open kitchen and the wood burning oven.

Overall it was a great respite, the pizza was very good, filling, and very Italian, the wine nice, and the ambiance very welcoming. I would recommend for a lunch or light fun dinner although viewing some of the pasta plates around me you might enjoy something a bit more fancier and I'm sure it would be nice. The price was definitely reasonable closing out at 16€ with the wine.

BertiBoy

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I went to this restaurant with my friend on a Saturday early in the evening, since we didn't make a reservation, because that wasn't possible via internet.

Luckily they had a table available for us. The service was very good and quick. The food was great! I very much enjoyed the freshly made ravioli with mushrooms. The menu is not very elaborate, but I think it's a good thing.

The price/quality was good, not cheap but also not too expensive. The sphere in the restaurant was also very nice. I would certainly recommend this restaurant, if you are in for good Italian food.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great italian dishes in a very nice setting...good combination of good food and great surroundings + plenty of places in the neighbourhood to go out to afterwards.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We even hunted down good pizza made by Italians in Moscow (though we gave up on them when they changed to a poorer and heavier mozarella) so we can claim to speak with the authority of experience, persistence and fussiness. Fornostar's pizza never disappoints - it would not in Naples. I can't really agree with some reviewers who find Fornostar expensive - OK, you can usually get as good a pizza at Easy Tempo on rue Haute for 2 euro less (and nowhere else that we have found in 4 years in Brussels), but their quality has taken a wobble a couple ot times recently. As they say, what you pays for you gets. A friend (also fussy - an ex professional chef) recently tried the tagliata di manzo while we had the usual pizza, and was impressed. Recommended. And by the way, if you have any issues, e-mail them - they will respond immediately.