“If you eat elsewhere you will be dreaming of this”
Review of Le Correge

Le Correge
Ranked #190 of 3,879 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Le Correge has changed my life. I have had lunch at what I consider the best restaurant in Brussels, if not Europe, at least once a week on average for the past 4 years. Old and new customers alike are made to feel welcome and special by Nancy from the moment they ring the doorbell at this small, hidden gem of a restaurant. With just 14 tables, you are safest if you book (well) ahead. The menu is varied and highly stable, always with fish and vegetarian options. A special - starters, soup and main courses - changes daily with fish Tuesdays and Fridays. The food is exceptional and good value for money. Philippe at the hobs in a solo performance conjures up a simple, market-based cuisine, always fresh, always great vegetables - with subtle sauces and virtuoso renditions of French and Belgian classics, often with an added twist of his orientally inspired searching. I hate going away from Brussels because I know I will not be able to find another Correge anywhere else. I have tried and in vain. If you only have time for one meal in Brussels, this is where you should go. Open daily for lunch and Thursday and Friday for dinner. I cannot recommend Le Correge enough!

1  Thank IanBrussels

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very nice restaurant, style art and food. You can enjoy artists works at the same time when you enjoy the excellent meal. Very good service!

1  Thank Ingrida S
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My daughter found this little gem on Trip Advisor and we went there this eve for a wonderful meal. It's a tiny place off the main road. You have go ring a bell to be greeted by Nancy as if you were a long term friend and seated in a warm comfortable room. The food was excellent, the house wine superb and the service relaxed and friendly. I would go back again and again if I lived here. Wonderful secret hideaway. Highly recommended.

1  Thank JulesAE
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This cosy little restaurant can be found on Rue de le Correge. Press the bell and you are welcomed by the wonderful Nancy. Once sat down - in a room almost like a living room - you receive a complimentary glass of bubbles. There was no rushing us to make a choice. The menu was varied and Nancy was able to tell us in English what the items were. I ordered the Monage de Boeuf, medium. I have NEVER eaten a steak so perfectly cooked to my liking. It was wonderful. Wine was free flowing and the atmosphere was lovely. We enjoyed our visit so much so, we returned the next evening and received a warm welcome and the same service. As it says on the door, it is slow food. This for me was not problem - the food was perfect - but be aware that with just Phillipe (Nancy's husband) in the kitchen cooking for a restaurant full of people, you can't expect to just drop in and eat. The restaurant is open just Monday-Friday lunchtimes and Thursday and Friday evenings. I would return to Brussels just for this restaurant. Fantastic.

2  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Definitely the best food I have had in Belgium so far.The prices are good and the food is extremely tasty. It definitely worth every second you wait for the food. Me and my wife will be going again for sure.

1  Thank Alagoz