“Fabulous restaurant”

Maison du Luxembourg
Reserve with
Maison du Luxembourg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 3,797 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was so good an refined, service attentive. I truly enjoyed countryside inspired dishes. Pretty expensive but win list was interesting!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been to the Maison du Luxembourg twice in the past there months; the first time being February and the second in April. Each time the meal exceeded expectations, the service was spot on, and the ambience was good.

This last visit was grand with a wonderdul piece of beef for the main course and a rasberry soup for desert that was not heavy and capped the meal off quite well. You do have to make reservations, however it is well worth it.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times; the reason I haven't been there more often is simply because if you do not reserve, there is rarely a chance to get a table, especially on the ground floor which is more pleasant. It's one of the rare places in the "Quartier européen" where you can have an excellent, not pretentious (despite appearances) "market lunch" for a very low price (30 euros for a 3-course lunch) with impeccable service and fine produce. The strong points of the restaurant are etherial sauces and exquisite desserts. The rest is also usually very good, although at times it can be a little dull; yet amuses-bouche deserve their name. I only regret the previous maître d'hôtel: he was much more friendly - the actual one is quite stiff and chilly to the point of being rude - the rest of the team is flawless. One thing to know: I have never been to this place in the evening; beware: prices are quite higher for dinner - but then who was to be in this neighborhood after 6 p.m.?

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This restaurant gets good ratings, so I expected a lot. Unfortunately it did not live up to it. On the positive side is a nice interior and good atmosphere, not crowded and not too noisy. The image is to be elegant and prices aspiring to this image. On the negative side, they did not have the selection of Belgian beers expected, our company (only 4) had to wait too long before we could place the orders. The waiter tried to sound convincing in his explanations and recommendations, but 'overplayed' it. We got a wine list and made our selection. To our surprise, several wines were out of stock. Why have a wine list then? According to the price level, the taste of the food was expected to be in the upper class. It was average. Sorry, but an elegant restaurant cannot fail on so many points. Thus, the rating is average.

1  Thank Torger B
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I visited this restaurant with a large group of co-workers. We had a 2-course dinner, for me with lamb. The taste was good. My lamb tasted well. One of my co-workers didn't like the lamb and it was replaced without any difficult questions asked by the restaurant staff. The staff was fast, witch i like a lot when being with a large group in a restaurant. That is absolutely a bonus. I have few remarks: the restaurant is pretty expensive. I didn't have to pay myself, but you have to ask yourself wether you are prepared to pay this price. A second remark is that there were no site dishes. Some more dishes on the table would be nice. All in all a fine restaurant, but a bit expensive.

1  Thank Reiziger1969