“If you like your steak cooked exactly as you ordered visit Meet Meat!”
Review of Meet Meat Schuman

Meet Meat Schuman
Ranked #78 of 3,689 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Argentinean, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Meet Meat: the steak house restaurant in the heart of Brussels European district, close to the Schuman roundabout where you can eat the best steak in an elegant but casual atmosphere. We offer a varied menu of simple and tasty dishes where we combine our passion for asado, the Argentinean barbecue, and Belgian standards of culinary experience. Open for lunch and dinner, Monday through Friday. Reservation is recommended.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I lived in Brussels for a number of years and now return frequently for work. Meet Meat opened a couple of years before I left Brussels and I visited regularly. I returned earlier this week for the first time in several years and was delighted to find that it is as good as ever. My friend and I both ordered the rib-eye steak - I always have mine meduim rare and it is always, without fail, cooked to perfection in this restaurant. The meat was succulent and flavourful. I ordered a half litre of the house red which was an Argentinian wine and of excellent quality. Service is always efficent but friendly. Reservations are essential as this restaurant is always very busy and it is very easy to see why. Unfortunately my trips to Brussels are usually far too busy with meetings for me to eat out but this recent trip to Meet Meat reminded me of how good it is and I will endeavour to visit again on another trip in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Meet Meat Schuman

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stronly advise you to book, because this place is full even during the week, We dropped in casually about 20 minutes before the kitchen closed and we were lucky, as they had one free table.
The meat is tender and savoury. We had a glass of Luigi Bosca Malbec with the fillet, which turned out to go very well together. With meat, I'd advise chimichurri over the "beurre du maître", but that's subjective.
A nice plus is the perfect ventilation system of the restaurant: we were sitting close to the grill and our clothes did not smell at all, afterwards.

1  Thank Tonoliv
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have lunch quite often in Meet Meat and I have never, ever been disappointed. The food is beautiful, cooked to perfection, the portions are quite big and the quality of every single ingredient are of a very high standard. As for the price, it is worth every centime - the dish of the day that I had on Tuesday was 18 EUR and we had a delicious tuna carpaccio as a starter and an rib eye beef with a salad, bearnaise sauce and 2 jacket potatoes (instead of the frites proposed) - perfect. The service is quick, friendly and professional - no surprise that you have to book a table a few days ahead!

1  Thank Agneta_13
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Superior for Argentinian meat. Just order a sirloin steak cooked to your choice. Chilean and Argentinian house wines are a must: they are made from Carmenere and Shiraz grapes, not very common in Europe but definitely making delicious reed wines perfects to match a meat dish.

2  Thank fran07Belgium
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Would have loved to try one of these delicious steaks mentioned above but even being on my own, I was sent off! Apparently the kitchen was under stress, although the dining room , from what I saw was not full...just couple of groups and plenty of speace where I would have been happy to enjoy a nice diner!
What a shame! So I enjoyed a lovely fillet elsewhere!

Fernand W, Owner at Meet Meat Schuman, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

We are really sorry we couldn't accommodate you. The restaurant was fully booked. The empty tables you saw were blocked for customers who had not yet arrived and we have no overbooking.
As our place can be very busy, the only way to make sure you have a table is to call us beforehand or to send us an email.