“Cute boutique hotel in a great location.”
Review of Esperance

Esperance
Ranked #87 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for my first trip to Brussels. It was in a perfect location for a solo traveler to easily get around. Lots of shops and places to eat in under 5 minute walk. Short walk to all of central attractions. I stayed in #3 the Art Deco room which was beautiful. I asked to switch rooms on the 3rd night for a few reasons: #1 I really wanted a shower and this room only has a beautiful bath tub. #2 it was very noisy from the street and from guests going up/down stairs...it is also more expensive than other rooms. I switched to room #4 which was beautiful as well and had a great shower. One thing I would tell you is that if you are traveling with friends both the shower and bath tubes I had in my rooms were open without a door...just as an FYI. Also the Art Deco Room's toilet had just a curtain so I hope you're close with your travel companion.

The staff were super helpful for a non French speaking first timer! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Wazzuangie

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel has a wonderful location (once you find it!). Very close to the Metro, and walking distance to shopping, restaurants, Grand Place. Service was very good, and friendly, as well.The room was very clean, however, on twice we were still in the room when the housekeeper came by - once she gave us some clean towels, but neither time did she come back to clean the room when we left for the day. We did enjoy finishing our evening in the hotel bar, having a few drinks and dinner. We were in Brussels for the Chirstmas Market, and would certainly consider staying at Esperance again. This a not a fancy hotel, but if you are looking for a clean, friendly, convienient place to stay, this is a great place for you!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

First, I love this hotel, the staff and the location. We arrived with heavy luggage and the manager had pity on us and worked out giving us first floor rooms. The rooms are not all alike and are very quirky. I do not want to reveal the huge and different surprise that awaits the occupants of room 1 or 2. Very chic and very couple oriented.

The breakfast is very basic French continental with hard boiled eggs. There is no elevator and the stairs are narrow and old.

Second, this hotel is a great "couples on a weekend" hotel located a half mile walk in daytime (not a walk at night) south of the north station. For her there is a pedestrian shopping area with a world class department store 50 meters to the right. For him 50 meters on the left is a choice of stores dealing with "erotic" merchandise. For this reason I think families may want to choose a different locale.

We stayed here four nights and loved it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank katygt919
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I can't praise this hotel enough! We arrived at 12 and the staff let us check into our room even though we were 3 hours early. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The room we stayed in(red room) was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you hotel Esperance you made our stay in Brussels a perfect one

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I got back from a two night stay in Brussels yesterday and we loved it, the hotel was lovely, the rooms were very nice with modern twist that looks even better in the flesh than the photos. I travelled with my wife, 5 month old daughter and my parents and we had two superior rooms on the second floor. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

I have to be honest i had read some reviews on here and the two complaints I read were about no shower curtains and steep stairs, IGNORE them, the bathrooms are wet rooms so what do you need a shower curtain for, and yes there are steep stairs but your in an old building what do you expect your probably only going up them once a day anyway.

The location is perfect its close to every major land mark and is a 10 minute walk from grand place which is beautiful. there is a metro station 3 minutes walk in almost every direction and your four stops from brussels midi where you get the Eurostar, which i will add is very poorly sign posted in the metro stations and we had a nightmare getting to the right platforms.

The Hotel is a real gem and we will be back, we highly recommend.

Room Tip: get a superior room there worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Just come back from a couple of nights. We were in the blue room which was very nice - basic but chic. It was 2 simple things - easily replacable which let it down - the shower curtain and the towels. The stairs were tricky especially with luggage but we knew about that. I would go back as it;s a great location, good value for money and nice helpful staff.

Room Tip: No higher than floors 1 or 2 as there;s no lift.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The 1920's decor of the reception and bar area is perfectly intact and the rooms have been modernised to a good standard. We stayed in room 5 (the blue room) which was chic, comfortable, light and airy. Staff are attentive and friendly and the breakfast is good and plentiful.

This little hotel is a hidden gem in the heart of Brussels, just off the beaten track but only 10 mins walk from the Gare de Nord, 2 mins from the nearest Metro station and 10 mins to the Grand Place market square. It's difficult not to find good food and beer in Brussels, and within a stones throw of Esperance you will be spoilt for choice with places to while away the evenings.

Just as a warning though, the bells of Notre-Dame Du Finistere don't ring through the night, but expect to be woken at 7am with a melodic 90 second chime.... that being said I wouldn't think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple