“Best in Chocolate”
Review of Mary Chocolatier

Mary Chocolatier
Ranked #4 of 129 Shopping in Brussels
More attraction details
Owner description: The first store on Royal street is the oldest one. You Will enjoy to discover a tresor of finest chocolates and beautiful boxes.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was overwhelmed with chocolate shop choices but finally stumbled in here. The lady who waited on me was patient and most helpful but the chocolates were absolutely amazing! I cannot in words describe how delicious they were. That's right the entire box is gone in 48 hours - pretty much eaten all by myself! It's hard to share such a special treat.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

In sharp contrast to what I was expecting (having been warned about the dismissive staff at most chocolate shops in Brussels), we found a very friendly and accomodating shop-keeper in the location near the Mannekin Pis who took the time to make recommendations and provide a few samples.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you want the best chocolate in Brussels then you must go to Mary's. The service we received was outstanding. The sweet lady offered us samples and everything we tried was to die for! Not only is the chocolate delicious but it is beautifully packaged. Be expected to pay a bit more than other chocolate shops but you get what you pay for. When in Brussels stop in at Mary's you won't be sorry you did! It is truly the very best!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The fact that I am writing a review for Mary Chocolatier whilst savouring one of the last truffles bought from the shop is a testament to how highly we can recommend it.

There is a wide variety of chocolates available (mostly pralines), from the basic praline to the more adventurous Earl Grey flavour. Pick of the bunch for us were the cream filled ganaches and the salted caramel pralines. The staff were very friendly and offered us each tasters and were helpful in describing the different chocolates.

The shop itself has a regal feel and a lovely ambience. It is also set in beautiful surroundings and is well worth walking through the Parc de Bruxelles before heading down the Rue Royale to visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Read up about this place before I went and it was amazing. The service was fantastic and the attention to detail was unreal. Bought these back for my family and they were so happy with me ! A big selection and so very tasty! The chocolates were not cheap but for Belgium they we well priced, the cream filled ganache truffles are superb. Also why not visit the cathedral on the way up the hill !