“An hostel in a very ideal location”
Review of 2Go4 Grand Place

2Go4 Grand Place
Ranked #11 of 131 Specialty Lodging in Brussels
Rome, Italy
“An hostel in a very ideal location”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Don't get scared by the outside, it only looks horrible cause they are renovating.
The Hostel is right around the corner from the Grand Place Square and it is very clean.

We were in a room made for 10 people with an en suite bathroom with a toilet and two shower that was cleaned daily. The room was mixed, not separated by gender but it didn't caused any problem, just avoid very revealing nightclothes ;)
It is also very quite during the night, with no disturbances

Beside, breakfast was not included but you can use the fridge and the kitchen freely and they offer you hot drinks till 10.30 in the morning!
There is also a fast wifi accessible from the rooms!
All in all a very good experience, especially for such a low price (20 euros per night)

Room Tip: We were in room 10 and the wifi connection was very good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I traveled to 4 cities in Belgium and this was the best hostel I stayed in (translation: least terrible). Other than the guy who vomited all over my room the first night, that is. But beyond that, it was clean, it was cheap for the location, it was VERY well located and the rooms were not terribly full of people. The internet mostly worked. Hostels in Belgium really suck. Spend some extra money and find a hotel. Or stay here. It's not bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed in a 10 bed ensuite with much initial reluctance but to my surprise, my stay was beyond pleasant. The dorm was split into two rooms and my friend and I were lucky enough to get the bunk in the backroom where we were not disturbed by people coming in and out. The bathroom was clean and beautifully renovated. The hostel is clean and fully equipped with sheets, towels and wifi. It is located 20 steps away from La Grand Place, which makes it that much more amazing. Only problem is there's no front desk to help you out and the check-in is terribly annoying (at another hostel 10mins away).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Pisa, Italy
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Perfect position. Towel and sheets fournished. Kitchen available. Wifi is fine. I was in the room 33 : dorm 6 mix: room not so big but the shower was great!

The check in was far from the hostel grand place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Newport, Kentucky
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hostel is a complete dungeon - a hobbit hole! I am 193cm (6'4")... granted, that is taller than average, but the ceilings were only about 190cm (6'2")...... I am SO not kidding!!!! I couldn't even fit under the ceiling in the shower (I am not talking about the shower head.... shower heads are always too short, I am talking about the CEILING!). Even the main bed room I had to walk hunched over. Even if you are only 185cm this place is impossibly too short for you. HORRIBLE!

And the room I stayed in had 6 beds.... creaky beds with dirty mattresses. So disgusting. And we were packed into this TINY room like sardines. My pillow was 2 feet from someone else's pillow. He breathed on me during the night we were packed in that room so close together. So gross.

And they have a sign that says "Do not open the windows because there is A/C"...... Um, there was NO A/C....nothing came out of the vents at ALL. And the windows were blocked by the bunk beds anyways, so we couldn't open them even when we tried. Imagine being stuck in a TINY hobbit hole room, with 30 degrees Celsius, with 5 guys all night. The room was hot, sticky, and it STUNK!!!

I have NO idea what this so called renovation is ..... There is some new tiles in the bathroom but that was about it.

As others have said, check-in is a good 15 minute walk away. What I don't like about this is there is no phone in Grand Place Hostel, so if the internet password doesn't work, if there is an emergency - anything - you are in trouble. Nobody to help unless you walk 15 minutes at night by yourself. Not ideal.

Then, once you walk into the hostel, it's a tiny, dirty community room with folding chairs set up, packed together on top of each other.

Such a miserable little excuse for a hostel. Just AWFUL!

Sure, the location is excellent. But that is absolutely ALL this hostel has going for it. I couldn't have been more uncomfortable or miserable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank WWanderGirl
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

This is the best Hostel I stayed throughout my entire trip, the facilities here are unparalleled and all new and clean!

The rooms are thoughtfully laid out with extremely spacious lockers/storage space. Spacious, modern wash facilities with a good number of rain style showers.

Excellent kitchen and perfect location. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Hostel Grand Place is very centrally located and as it is a brand new building (actually, still unfinished) the place is generally very clean. I did not have a very nice stay at this hostel due to the lack of service or hospitality shown by the hostel staff/owners. During my stay, i was struck by a violent bout of food poisoning and my condition was met with indifference from the owner, with whom i had to make an appointment with to book another night. I had to pull myself out of my death bed, struggling down 8 flights to do this. Obviously in a very ill and distressed state, the owner of the hostel didn't ask about my welfare and when I did express concern for my own state of health, he said i could always call the hospital depending on my health insurance. I said I didn't have a phone to call on and that was that, end of transaction. This indifference and lack of compassion made me feel even more vulnerable in the very sick state I was in and for this reason, I would not recommend this hostel to anyone in case of an emergency or if something happened to go wrong because you would not be helped but rather, treated like a leper.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo