“Amazing Waffles”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I visited Mokafe twice on a long weekend in Brussels with my boyfriend. The first time we went for waffles, which were out of this world. I had a chocolate and banana one which was delicious, and the other half just had chocolate which was great too.the waffles are huge and cooked to perfection. I would definitely go here for waffles, although in the first occasion the service left a lot to be desired. Whilst there the first time we saw a neighbouring table eating pasta, so when I woke up on the last day with a stinking hangover after ten too many pints of Kasteel Red in the Delirium Cafe craving pasta, we went back. The food was well priced and tasty but nothing to write home about (unlike the waffles which were to die for). Also, once we had finished our plates were left in front of us for about 15mins which wasn't great. Was cheap compared to other central Brussels eateries though!

1  Thank LondonKate_10

Reviewed March 3, 2013

A beautiful place and has a central location, close to Grand Place. The prices are OK but the food is not tasty and the service is bad. Not recommended for dining but Ok for a coffee break.
2013-02-28

2  Thank moagle
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

On a freezing cold day in Brussels we popped in here for breakfast. The place was very busy and seemed full but the waiter helped us find a seat. The food came quickly and was delicious. My son was especially impressed with the waffle. It was so good we came back for lunch and had another lovely meal. I wish it wasn't our last day in Brussels or we would have gone back again. The bill was half that we had paid in a fast food place near the Grand Place. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank chorley4
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Their menu was very large with many options to try. I had the waffle with a fruit variety and hot chocolate. I would recommend both. My husband enjoyed a large ham and cheese omlet. The location was great for a day of shopping and beer tasting.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

That was the best waffle ever. Crispy and well puffed. I tried it with powder sugar and strawberry but the waffle was not so sweet so maybe you should try with chocolate. Delicious!!!!

1  Thank Eray E