Le Vaudeville - Chambres d'Hotes
$319
$254
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Brussels City Centre(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$151
$88
Motel One(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$120
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$122
$110
$168
$152
$128
$165
$127
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Grand Place Arenberg(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$153
$144
  • Room Service
Pantone Hotel(Saint-Gilles)(Great Value!)
$63
$58
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsb bcentral stationlarge bathroomthe grand placeamazing locationcroissantstea and coffeeexcellent breakfastother guestscomfortable bedmini fridgethe heart of the citywould stay here againshort walkhotel roomgallerygalerie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a very friendly B&B, much better than some of the hotels I have stayed in. The rooms are big and clean, breakfast is as nice and as friendly as it can get, and the location is excellent. It is a very good feeling to be staying at that location and at that building with a lot of character. I would highly recommend it. I was amazed that there is a fridge at every floor with free water and beer. The only down side is the wifi (sometimes it worked fine, sometimes it did not) and the acoustic insulation, which is not a surprise for an old building.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Thierry D, Gérant at Le Vaudeville - Chambres d'Hotes, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thanks for your compliments, just a little precision, we have renewed the Wifi system and it's very efficient now. Other changes, we have now a great room for breakfasts, with all equipment as you have yet in the bedrooms.
See you soon, Thierry le Régisseur

Reviewed September 29, 2012

A 5 star hotel, just don´t forget to bring your ear plugs. Both me and fellow guests I spoke to at breakfast were kept awake by the upstairs neighbors. It was a pity because everything else about the experience was fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ab2012London
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had two rooms here on our last trip. The rooms were both spacious - the bathrooms were very large. It was a great treat in between our hotels in Paris and London, for sure. Thierry was lovely and there is an elevator thankfully for luggage. It was a very easy walk from the train station. Would highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: We had The Black and White and the Diva. The Diva had a lot of room and we had a lovely afternoon picnic with wine and cheese. The two rooms are right next to each other.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cheryl A
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed two nights here in the Madame Loulou guestroom. It wasn't the one that overlooked the gallery. Instead, it overlooked a small transition gap between buildings. However, the tall windows provided plenty of light and a nice cool breeze. Importantly, it was really quiet. The bathroom was enormous, the bed comfortable, and Thierry was awesome. He also had free WiFi which was a god send.

I used my Canadian iphone to call him when we arrived. I don't know yet what the call cost us, but he was there within a minute. He always seemed to be around the corner to help us check in and check out.

The location, price, and hospitality just can't be beat. I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights in the Madame Loulou guestroom. The room was well appointed, with a nice bed, great shower, Nespresso machine, and complimentary high quality beer and water upon arrival.

Breakfast was quite enjoyable each morning. The croissants, French jams, cheeses, fruit, and fresh juices were very nice. I also liked that the food was dropped off in the fridge outside our room in the mornings, for us to eat at our convenience. Breakfast was the same each day, which was fine, but if you're staying for more than a few days I could envision wanting more variety.

The location is simply gorgeous. We were actually a little nervous about this before arriving, as we weren't sure what to expect from rooms above a theater. We were delighted to find that the gallery which hosts the theater is gorgeous, and access to the rooms couldn't have been easier, regardless of time of day.

The only minor problem we had was coordinating arrival. We didn't have a cell phone, and the instructions at the front of the theater asked us to text our host. I ended up using a payphone, which wasn't a big deal, but I got an answering machine the first few times. To be fair, it was about 9:30AM, rather than noon, which is more reasonable arrival time.

I would happily stay with Thierry again in the future!

Room Tip: We chose a room on the courtyard side, versus gallery, to ensure minimal noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple