“We were mesmerised”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2012

It's been a long time since we went for a meal with friends and so little conversation ensued.The reason is we were mesmerised by the display of talent on display. We had seats for 4 at the counter and watched every course from the menu chosen being prepared. Quality of ingredient and precision coupled with speed. Whether it was octopus,eel,pork or sashimi we were entranced. Oh and it all tasted great. Need to book well in advance.

1  Thank simon k

Reviewed May 12, 2012

young great cookcs and suprising cuisine not only suchi sashimi comptoir but highly elaborated cuisine

Reviewed April 18, 2012

A bit out of town on the way to cemeterie díxells normall a hard place to park so a tram and a ten minut walk works.

I had the noon menu degustaion 40 Euros .

4 small dishes that were fantastic followed by fantastic sahimi cubed and piled up in a nice way and the barley with suace and some huge deep fried prawns with miso soup and rice really really good

I had the set lunch yesterday for 16 euros which includes one of 5 or 6 mains. the six sushi and six maki rolls are very good.

both times i sat at the counter it was very good i didnt need t reserve for lunch and you can get in after two which is rare .

highly recommended i will try he evening menue next.

2  Thank brusselsboy
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Went here last Friday with my wife. Had booked 4 weeks in advance and only seats available were at the counter facing the open kitchen - no problem for us, we love to see our food being prepared 'live', and to me it's always a good sign that the chef doesn't want to 'hide' in a closed kitchen.

Reception was friendly and informal, we were promptly seated and were greeted by the chefs, and waited for great things to come. Menu is not too 'elaborate' (all starters and mains on 1 page, and menu combos on another page), and the list is in French and Japanese (another good sign!). We ordered: prawn-filled sweet-potato tempura, potato-crab combo in miso, a plate of nigiri sushi (6 different types of fish) and salmon maki. Mains: tuna steak, braised Iberico pork cheeks in soy sauce with yuzu paste, and rice with tempura (veggies and prawns) . All preparations meticulous, good portions, beautifully presented, and absolutely delicious.

Most striking: even though (as mentioned above) the number of choices on the menu is not too huge, we would have gladly tried ALL the dishes we saw being prepared. That brings us to my only 'niggle': seeing all the food being prepared makes you even more 'hungry', and every time we saw something being carried out of the kitchen, we were hoping it was for us!

If you like high-end Japanese food, you will not be disappointed. This restaurant clearly merits its Michelin star - we thank and applaud the chef, highly skilled, professional, humble and friendly. Domo arigato gozaimasu, and see you soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We like the food very much in this restaurant. For my son's 18th birthday I booked a table for 6 people a few weeks in advance. As it was his 18th birthday I wanted it to be special for him so I booked early.

A few days before another person told us that she could also join us and I called the restaurant to add one more person. I was quite comfortable and not expecting any problems. I was thinking that the size of the table would not change because, as a matter of fact, a table of 6 can easily accomodate 7 people.

However things were not as I have thought. The lady who have answered the phone refused my request very coldly and categorically indicating the restaurant's policy. They do not accept reservations for more than 6 people, and that's it !

At first I thought she was joking. I tried to explain her that 7 people can easily sit around a table for 6 but it was useless because the person at the other end of the line was totally cold, unwelcoming, indifferent and inflexible. My demand was refused as if I was requesting to have an additional astronaut on the space shuttle.

The quality of the food does not compensate for such inflexible and repelling behaviour. I will not go back to this restaurant.

18  Thank melihk