“A favourite”

Ranked #1,588 of 3,715 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Come taste our dishes on the spot directly from wok to your plate. Our restaurant has more than 60 seats, ideal for your lunch, dinner, party and.Venez déguster nos plats sur place directement du Wok dans votre assiette. Notre restaurant est doté de plus de 60 places assises, idéal pour vos fêtes, anniversaires etc.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is definitely my favourite asian resto in Brussels. In spite of the rather dull name, this resto serves excellent asian thai-style food. Interior feels very nice and fresh. Service is friendly and quick (usually). Try the "poulet grille au citronelle"...(but everything is good).

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had dinner here with friends on a Saturday night, so the place was full. Only good words about the food, but the service was disappointing. The waiter did not even have the patient to listen to us to finish our order and we ended up with different sides than requested. We did finally receive what we wanted, but we were charged extra for their mistake. So go there if you want good food, but don't expect a friendly service.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I am regular customer and each time I drop by to have lunch or dinner I leave the restaurant at the end of the meal with a satisfied mind and stomach - for good value for money :)
The dishes are simply delicious (some are obviously just common viet or thai dishes but it does not mean it is not worth it!) and of good and fresh quality, I believe - the lemon grass dishes are in my view the best ones! Sometimes, the service may not be as "express" as the restaurant's name but hey, waiting a couple of minutes does not kill your appetite!
keep up with the good food and, to the waiters, smile a bit more to us!! ;)

Reviewed March 12, 2012

We regulary come here for lunch with the team, as the food is very tasty, does not take too long and the staff is friendly. There are more than 140 meals to choose from, and during lunch they have a nice 3 course menu for under 15€. Service sometimes takes a bit long, especially if more than 4 people are ordering different stuff. However I can recommend this place to everyone who loves good food and doesn't care too much about the service. Prices per plat are around 10€ and the portions are good!

1  Thank ysmile
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We went to the Vietnam Express with a Groupon voucher. I do not know whether we had a Groupon voucher had something do to with it, but it was horrible.

* the service was not good. The servants were not friendly at all.
* the quality of the food was poor. It was not fresh, came all from cans.
* the bill at the end was not correct, they charged us 50% too much.
* the kitchen was not clean, we even had to keep our cutlery between dishes.
* the wine was probably the cheapest they found on earth (maitre blanc)

We will never go back there!

VietnamExpress, Gérant at Vietnam Express, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

A lychee's story

First of all, it was saturday night and the restaurant was pretty full, the waiters were not enough, busy and exausted all evening.

1: the service was not good ? because there was a mistake in the groupon deal with "fresh lychee" in place of "lychee in cans" and we were trying to find a solution for you to replace it, and we did it by making for you 5 other dessert ?
2: the quality of food was poor because all in cans ? only lychee in cans and you say all in cans ?
3: the bill at the end was not correct ? yes I admit my waiter made a mistake by not closing the table before you and so add it with yours. But did I come to you and check it properly before you pay the right amount ?
4: the kitchen was not clean ? Did you go to the kitchen ? we use to not change cutlery between courses but we change it without question if the clients ask for it. You were not in a luxury restaurant don't forget it.
5: wine was poor ? because you think if you ask for table wine you will receyve a Saint Emilion ? My clients use to like my "maitre blanc"

Thanks to keep doing what you say in the end. We don't need bad faith customers.

Anyway if you change your mind and want to be more understanding and less bad faith we could "replace" your "bad" experience into better one. Just call the restaurant.