“Unbelievable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Zinneke

Le Zinneke
Ranked #63 of 3,522 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, Seafood, European, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The best Mussels in Brussels & Authentic Brussel's Cuisine We offer 69 different ways to prepare Zeland mussels as well as an authentic Brussels Cuisine made with fresh and healthy ingredients. We are using local, and if possible organic, ingredient. We are a member of Slow Food and shortly we will be certified as "partially organic" by Certisys.
Chile
“Unbelievable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I read all the reviews, most of it was slow service, which I can't stand!, I decided to go when they opened Sunday 12 Noon! So I arrived yes I had a reservation, after I came in it was packed! Very popular with locals which says a lot! I got served fast, food was outstanding got the mussels to die for. The only thing I had to ask for is bread which I like dipping in the sauce, that was no extra charge.

The waiter spoke enough English and handed me a menu in English. Just the mussels were between 21-25 Euro, that was enough for me!

From the center I walked, took me one hour, nice walk. If you don't know the city you might get transportation.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Annmarie6

• Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent food in a relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here on a sunday: moules-frites, carbonnade and tiramisù (speculoos). All was really well prepared, served on time and by attentive waiters. Fresh fish and spectacular tiramisu cream. The french fries were excellent, fried to perfection. In many brussels places the fries smell because of the too re- used oil: not the case here.I also enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.

Visited February 2014
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“good food but disappointing service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

While slow food is a nice concept and mussels can be delicious (and they are at Zinneke,with so much choice), Zinneke is not the only mussels restaurant in Brussels, nor the only Slow Food. So it put a damper on our office Christmas lunch when we got the samesurly, slow and unattentive waiter several other people have already complained about. We'll definitely not be back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Andreas L
Brussels, Belgium
“Trés bon et local caractéristique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had a lunch during easy Sunday and was amazing, very kind waiters and very helpful.
Succulent and luscious mussels with an amazing tiramisu maison. Must be checked! Alternative location to the center s restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Chevreuse, Centre, France
“Excellent food but... so sloooooooow service (Ok it is part of the slow food movement)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

The place is good, a little bit overloaded on a saturday evening (success). The food is excellent (focusing on organic fresh product and home made recipe). Mussels are divine (with their appropriate sauce which is really a big plus in the recipe and is a full part of the meal). KaseKroketten with macaroni were a little bit "gluesque". The real burden was the waiting time (it tooks close to 3 hours for a full 3 course meal) the meal is just balanced because of the food quality, but the sparkling pelasure of being at the good place diminish while waiting and waiting and waiting

• Visited November 2013