“Reserve in advance!”

Cuisines: Belgian, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent choice of beers, book in advance not to get disappointed as it is usually fully booked.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

It's our first trip to Belgium, me and my husband went to the restaurant solely based on the review on TA. When we got there, we saw about 5-6 empty tables and there weren't many guests;and the guy (don't know if he's the owner or the manager) just told us that it's IMPOSSIBLE to eat there at that particular time (it was at 6.45pm). My husband asked around what time could we return there and he just said cooly "in 2 hours"!!! We understood if he couldn't speak English fluently or maybe the tables were all reserved, but there was such thing called MANNER, especially in the service industry. The least he could do was greet us in the beginning(a.k.a. Smile), apologized for not being able to accomodate us, and asked us to return at an approximate time possible. But since he treated us with such disgrace, why even bother to return...there are many other restaurants that would serve their guests with courtesy and kindness.

2  Thank Ayupitha S
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Our first day in brussels, my wife wanted to try good beer wth gr8 good and aftr checkin on tripadvisor we came here. First of all the beer they serverd with so much generosity and explainig the name of beer too I.e. wht the name ment in english... it was a gr8 experience chatin wth the chef for a while. Best beer to go for is jan de liyetch.. I wud certainly recomend visit here if you are in brussels..

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to try this restaurant after we read reviews on Trip Advisor. This was by far our favourite restaurant in Brussels. It is really quite small, but this adds to the atmosphere. Once we got seated, my boyfriend asked for a beer recommendation, and the very friendly hostess got a guy over who knew an incredible amount and asked a few questions to give him the perfect beer. It was sooooo nice. Our meal was lovely. I got the ham, delicious and huge! And my boyfriend got the rabbit which was also amazing! Would love to go back one day.

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

The food is typical and good and the choice of beers is large. Prices are reasonable.
The atmosphere is nice even if the restaurant is very small and in some moments the nice atmosphere is disrupted by people coming in who want to have dinner and have to wait or maybe go in another place.