“Great food for the price!!”
Review of Anata

Anata
Ranked #2,787 of 3,582 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Great food for the price!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Tasty food, presented very well! Service was a tad slow but it was very busy. Ordered two starters and two mains with drinks and come to €30.

“Chinese”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you're looking for a quick japanese twist with a tease go here, it's more a fast food japanese place rather than a gourmet restaurant. They do have an attitude most of the time but they won't deny their service. Mostly crowded, mediocre sushis, don't go for the tempuras (was sick once). Fun to order bento boxes or a boat. Enjoy.

Visited September 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Service need to improuve”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The food is not very special and for the service I prefer to not comment but I am sure that they work a lot for the good prise and with lot of turist.

England, United Kingdom
“Avoid this place - TERRIBLE service!!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I travel often to Brussels on business and 4 years ago I stumbled upon Anata - I was very excited thinking I have found an authentic Japanese restaurant. I have eaten there more times than I can remember, so trust me when I say I know the place *very* well.

1. This is NOT an authentic Japanese restaurant - the owner, chefs and waitresses are all Chinese.

2. The location is great but the place is small and not very clean.

3.Food is hit and miss but some dishes are ok (main reason I have been returning) but not really great food. On my last visit the food was appalling.

4. SERVICE IS TERRIBLE - from my first visit (over 4 yrs ago) to my last:
-waitresses never smile or greet you - you are treated as some unpleasant distant relative who turned up unannounced in their home and they need to deal with you!
-you have no say where you want to sit - I usually sit where I want but you you have to be *very,very* firm! You would think they would respect your wishes as a customer? WRONG! They are all very rude, argumentative and even shout at you, especially one of the managers and have no respect for you.
-the waitresses shout amongst themselves regularly (this is not considered rude in China but they are not in China!)
-any request you may have from food to seating is answered with a rude 'NO!'
-The lady owner (sometimes working behind the bar) NEVER gets involved - even when her employees are shouting in your face and treating you badly! This is unacceptable for a manager/owner!

There is simply no reason for any person to put up with such rude behaviour from staff and management - avoid this place!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Mappsy
Brussels, Belgium
“Very bad services and food was fair”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Staffs are very very rude but the food was ok. We had booked for a hen party with a whole group. The whole point was to see the cook making the food live, we had booked 2 weeks in advance. We arrived and were told that the cook was on vacation since 2 weeks. The staffs looked really down to us and were not trying to save the situation. They asked whether we want to order or go as it was late 0_o... Once the order came, the female staffs were literally screaming on us as you are supposed to remember your order using the number not the name of the dishes. Once we were served, the female staffs just sat next to us and started eating.

• Visited May 2014