“Average food for high price”
Review of Chi-Chi's Tex-Mex - CLOSED

Chi-Chi's Tex-Mex
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went there before going to the cinema around the corner as Fin de Siecle was overcrowded. I expected not much, even these expectations were not met. The meat served was o.k. but for the price you pay it's not really worth going there unless you are too lazy looking for a better restaurant.

1  Thank Antony T

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The restaurant is easy to reach and has ample space, so booking is rarely required (maybe during the weekends).

Food is good and tasty (but if you expect real mexican-level hotness, you will be let down, it's french-oriented) and served in reasonable quantities.

Maybe a bit overpriced, I've been here three times and service-wise, it varies a lot depending the waiter you get.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Service very slow to begin with.

Starters were ok and El Fuego burgers large but not exactly piping hot.

Not a bad experience not somewhere I'll hurry back to either.

€50 for a shared starter, two massive burgers and two 50cl lagers.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I usually walk past Chi Chi's on my way to another restaurant. However a few months ago I decided to see if this chain had improved since the last time I was disappointed there. This time there were ten of us and Chi Chi's can usually reliably accommodate that kind of number at short notice.

The atmosphere was, let's say lively. I don't mind a bit of noise in a place like this and we did enjoy our own company.

Ten beers arrived quite quickly, so there was no changing out mind about staying. The food followed a few beers and over an hour later. It was the normal standard (and fairly cold) tex-mex gloop served on a piping hot plate to disguise the fact that it had been sitting on a counter for ages. Leftovers were substantial.

The only mitigating factor was the price. It was deservedly cheap. I shall only return when the amnesia kicks in again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great for our party of 4 kids and 4 adults. Something for everyone on the menu. Staff was very friendly. Food was average. Loved that it was not too crowded.