“Local fare, well prepared”

La Boussole Brassiere
Reserve with
La Boussole Brassiere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 3,805 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We ate twice at La Boussole during our recent Brussels trip. On both occasions, service was friendly and efficient, the food well prepared and flavorful. Many of the restaurants around Saint-Catherine seemed quite expensive (although I may be out of touch with prices in Europe) , and by comparison La Boussole is pretty reasonable.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great food and service. Friendlier than a lot of places. Would highly recommend for good home cooked food. Do have a passion for salt - too much for me!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place was recommended by a local. The food was so good, we went back the following night.
The waitress was very helpful and her service was brilliant. Prices are reasonable, quality food and service.

1  Thank Jill S
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were meeting up with a relative who recommended this area (St Catherine) as my girlfriend was really keen to try some Mussels in Brussels. We walked around the square/ponds and this place looked good from the outside and the menu looked well worth the money.

The service was really nice and we didn't wait long to get our order taken and for the food to arrive. My girlfriend got the mussels and I went for the grilled fillet - Aberdeen Angus. Both dishes were delicious and the Angus was cooked perfectly. I asked for rare and I got rare.

The place has a really friendly and cozy atmosphere (for both couples and families) and its great value for money - €16 for a fillet of beef and €19 for the mussels - which is cheaper than the prices around Grand Place and a way more relaxing experience.

All in all this was a really nice place to eat and meet and we would definitely go back here again if in Brussels.

1  Thank localpunter
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

As a lone diner I was made to feel very welcome by the owner, staff & other diners . Well cooked tasty food with the nice touch of a complimentary lentil soup.