“Good food but watch out for surprise charges”
Review of Les Rives du Gange

Les Rives du Gange
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Les Rives du Gange is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,115 of 4,069 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Express lunch, take away 20% off, grand buffet on Wednesday & brunch on Sunday, open 7/7, parking, exotic garden and free wifi. Since 1988
Reviewed April 24, 2017

The food at Rives des Gangess is among the best Indian/Pakistani food I have found in Brussels. But the service is erratic and often slow, making it a risky destination for lunch, except when the buffet is being served. Prices are reasonable, but watch out for surprise excessive charges, such as eur 8 for a bottle of water or eur 7 for rice (which I would normally expect to be included in a main course order).

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

Two men nice making all of us..Lots of people!! Like it is!
I had crab entre and then fish curry!
People obvious come many times after!
I will come again!

Reviewed January 16, 2017

Went in there once with two other people. The service was good. Went in there by myself and the service was appalling. It was obvious from the miserable owner (seems to be a family with two brothers running the place) that he could not care less because there wasn't much profit to be made from a solitary diner. As a result I will never go back. Pity for them as I like Indian, but there are better places where I feel welcome. The food is not great.

Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

We had their menu which includes:
an assortment of starters and an assortment of main dishes (curry fish, chicken tikka, lamb, vegetables) accompanied by rice and nan + dessert + half liter of average wine per person. The menu is Eur 37 per person (a bit expensive for Brussels standards - you can do better for this amount).
After trying all these options we would recommend you order the chickens: tikka and tandoori, nan and rice as sides. The curry was also good. The place is fine as well.

Reviewed September 10, 2016

Have a friend who lives nearby and goes there often. I was also happy with the food and the service. One of the best Indian restaurants in Brussels (Boisfort actually) I think