“Nice food, Thai beers and chopsticks”
Review of Au Lotus Thai

Au Lotus Thai
Ranked #1,083 of 3,759 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are proposing a delivery service, you can order online on this website: https://www.takeaway.com/belgium/fr/au-lotus-thai
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Just had a meal there and I have to say it was really nice and reasonably priced for Brussels. I had the dim sum selection to start and the chicken & Lemongrass...would have preferred it spicier but it was all really fresh & tasty.
The serving staff (ie one lady) was really nice, she didnt seem to speak English but we got by in my dubious French...the menu was in French & English which helped.

Can't say how it compares to the other Thai places on the street but overall I would say it was definitely worth a try.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The whole street is filled with good thai restaurants, I wouldn't compare them since some of them are run by the same thai familly and somehow are the "same" restaurant. The food is good. As most thai restaurants in europe and america they keep to certain thai dishes that they do very well and very authetic. It is not to expensive and it is very tasty

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Upon moving to Brussels I decided to try as many different restaurants serving Asian cuisine as possible. That´s my 5th try here. And the best so far. Highly recommended from my side. I´m definitely going back there.

The place is not big and maybe that´s the reason it´s so friendly and homey. There´s a wide range of different Thai and Vietnamese dishes on the menu. I tried their Vietnamese set menu for 15.50 euros. Really delicious food. Vietnamese springrolls (Nem) were as authentic as I´ve ever got outside Vietnam. The servings were really large as well. My husband tried Pho Bo (Soup Hanoi) and commented on that as very good and real-like (eg like in Vietnam).

The service was efficient (although not hurried) and very friendly. All the atmosphere in the place was lovely and welcoming. The only negative thing I can point out is that it was a little bit chilly in the room - slightly more heating would be helpful.

The prices were extremely good for Brussels standards (especially for the city center). In the other places around I´ve been so far the set menu is usually 18+ euros and servings are smalles.

We really liked the place and are definitely going back to try other samples.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

You'll find at least 6 Thais/Viets in that street, but this one is by far the best. Reasonable prices and good quality food.

Atmosphere and service could be better. They are not bad, just average, but who cares when you get good food and good prices?

1  Thank myscreen123
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went here after a friend told us the food was good. We were not disappointed! The chicken with cashew nuts was among the best we've had. The atmosphere is nice and relaxed with friendly staff.