B-aparthotel Grand Place
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
    The Moon Hotel(Brussels)
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewskey carddoor codegreat apartmentgreat locationclean apartmentliving areaenter the buildingthese apartmentsfire alarmprior to arrivalcoffee machineone bedroom apartmentextra bedbooking confirmationsmall kitchenironing boardminutes walk away
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend in a suite which was only £85 per night. Great large room and ideal use of a kitchen. Great location. Although PLEASE avoid all the restaurants on the tourist blocks around it. Terrible food & €€€€!!!! Walk to St Gery and go to the locals hang outs like Fin De Sicele.

• Stayed: April 2013
    2  Thank Nookie96
    Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed there last December with my wife and my brother in law in an appartement on the 4th floor at the back of the building. Spacious, 2 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a large dinning room was our home for 6 days (5 nights). A little difficult to find when arriving but very clode to city center and Grand Place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
    1  Thank NIMA_92
    Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've stayed at the B-Aparthotel Grand Place 3 times now (4 including a different building), and it never fails to please. The fact that there is no on site staff or reception can seem a little intimidating but in fact they are as (if not more) responsive than some fully staffed hotels. I like feeling like there is noone "keeping tabs" on my comings and goings.

The rooms are always well appointed and clean. Ikea furnishings all around including the flatware give you a sense of familiarity even if you move from room to room or building to biilding. As an American I appreciate the spacious living areas and the refrigerator.

This SPECIFIC aparthotel is, so far, my favorite. Its halfway between two metro stops and if you plan it right with a little exploring you can almost walk under cover from Gare Centraal to the front step with the exception of about 100 yards. Those who frequent the area kjnow about the rain and can appreciate that.

You're also 5 minutes from three different supermarkets, 100+ eating establishments, some touristy, some not. Youre 5 minutes walk to Rue Nueve and all the shopping as well as being right down the hill from the Museum district and The Sablon.

Views arent ideal but why stay inside.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
    3  Thank mobhistory
    Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at the B-Aparthotel Grand’ Place as a group of 3 forty-something ladies for a 2 night weekend break in February. We found the apartment ideally placed, spacious and clean. The building was located in a side-street two minutes walk from the beautiful Grand Place and all of the main tourist areas. We were on the 5th floor which afforded great views out over the city.

The apartment was spotlessly clean (although a little bit of wear starting to show on the sofa). The small kitchen area was perfect for what we needed (really just tea and coffee making and using the fridge to keep a few things cool). What made the place ideal for us was that there were two really big super-king-size bedrooms, two bathrooms and plenty of towels and hairdryers available - which is exactly what you need when you have three women all getting ready to go out at the same time!

Only one minor concern was the large floor to ceiling window in the living room which opened outwards and had a sheer-drop five floors down onto a concrete courtyard – fine for us but if travelling with children I would have been rather more concerned about this.

Whilst others have had issues with the entry system, we found that all the codes that were provided worked without a hitch and we certainly didn’t miss having a receptionist.

All-in-all an ideal location and definitely somewhere we would stay again when in Brussels.

Room Tip: The higher floors give you a great view over the city.
    • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
    1  Thank Susan K
    Reviewed January 19, 2013

I loved this apartment/hotel however I appreciate the "check-in" process is very different and you have to have confidence in this novel approach. For instance, there is no traditioanl "reception" and greeting mechanisms and I admit, I was nervous about having to rely soley on the emailed information. But once I arrived and the door code worked and I located my swipe card (via the emailed instructions) and found my apartment without any problems I re-thought this new and different process and liked it!
    It was actually a welcome relief not to stand at a reception desk while someone typed madly on a key board, looking at you infrequently and not saying much while you worried about the room you would be allocated. All of the "check-in" horrors and worries are removed and the time you save is also a welcomed.
    The apartment I was allocated was fantastic. The bathroom was spacious and had everything you needed. The bed was large and comfortable and despite being so close to the centre of everything in Brussels - it was really peaceful.
    The living area is well equiped, there was a kitchenette with everything you could need (except black tea, only green tea was supplied) a dining table and chairs, large desk and a very comfortable sofa with a great flat screen tv with a huge array of television stations from around the world. There is also a folder with all the information that you could require and would normally seek from "reception". However, internet access is not free and you pay a daily rate to access the wifi (this was a bit of a surprise for me).
    There needs to be better information about what warrants an "urgent" matter to contact the central booking office after hours. I arrived on a public holiday and the internet code didn't work and neither did the phone but did not know if I should call the "after hours" number. Overall, the positives are plentiful - the building is very close to Grand Place, numerous restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, the shopping district, transport (buses, metro and Brussels Central). I think that B-aparthotels Grand Place is an excellent place to stay but realise that the lack of a person behind a reception desk may not be suited to everyone. I would not hesitate to return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and you might get a glimpse of the steeple of the Grand Palace.
    • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo