TripAdvisor
Brussels
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Jan has created a nest for people who travel a lot professionally. It is like coming home. A huge contrast to staying in hotels, which can be impersonal and commersially attacking. Centrally situated both in terms of closeness to the city center, the Metro lines and the Noord railway station/airport train. Silent area, between to great theatres, Theatre National and Royal Flemish Theatre (KVS). 1 min walk to each of them.

Date of stay: December 2013
Reviewed October 15, 2013

It was my first time in Brussels and booking with a B&B instead of a hotel, Jan, who is the owner of the B&B, was most helpful from the very beginning until the very end of my trip. He waited for me late at night when I arrived, helped out with my luggage and the first thing he told me was not how payment worked and all, but showed me a map of Brussels, where to go, what to do..etc. The room was nice and clean. He was there during breakfast every morning and chatted with you about your trip and where you should go. I was there alone so I was a little bit nervous, especially to arrived late, at first but Jan made everything felt safe and warm. I would definitely recommend everyone to book with him. Not to mention the the location of the B&B is right in the centre of the city, very convenient.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Patty C
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Better not to tell too much about this B&B with its the most convenient location in the middle of Brussels, just 2 min walking to subway (20 min subway ride to Expo) or a 10 min walk to Brussels most popular dining area, its most friendly owner Jan who is running this three room accommodation passionately rather than commercially (hence the great room rate which is very low for Brussels and is not even increased during exhibition time), its very nice breakfast and good rooms where everything works fine from internet to shower, not to forget the sound proof window.
Better not to tell as otherwise it won't be possible to get a room unless booked several months in advance... something I will do when planning a trip to Brussels in future, Heart of Brussels B&B is a wonderful place!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Jan is one of the most modest, discrete and yet knowledgeable persons we have ever met. We didn’t speak much but I believe he cherishes things and values that preserve the authentic and real, and that he lives a life far away from the assault of new technologies that imprison you. I also believe he deeply treasures interactions with the wide variety of people who cross his threshold and loves intercultural stories. Since we are drawn in life by the same philosophies, we found ourselves at home, in his home.
Jan welcomed us when we arrived, helped us with the bags on the stairs, and greeted us with a very useful map, explaining key attractions and giving restaurant tips. Do not miss the Horta museum, and the Horta houses in Brussels, Jan will explain you more about this Art Nouveau artist.
We stayed in a studio at the first floor, located in the building he also lives in. The place is conveniently located, just 1-2 minutes walk from a very wide and popular shopping street that leads you straight in the Grand Place. Moreover, this B&B is also only 10-15 minutes walk from the Gare du Nord in Brussels. Jan provided us a very detailed file with directions on how to reach him coming from Gare du Nord. This is the most explanatory and detailed set of directions we have ever received from a B&B or hotel!
The location proved to be perfect, safe, quiet, even at night. Our studio was huge, very colorful and heartily decorated. Every time we got in the room, we felt like being in a home, which was extraordinary. You have all modern appliances you might need, even a DVD player and a selection of DVDs, a fully equipped kitchenette, dishes, cutlery, washing machine. The bathroom was also great, with a bath tub. The bed extremely comfortable, so the sleep quality couldn’t be higher.
The breakfast room was also very chic, and the choice of foods was very wide. We didn’t miss anything; the offer was very extensive (cheeses, cold meats, eggs, croissants, gems, Belgian chocolates, yogurts, fruits, tea, coffee). Jan lives at one of the upper floors, so if he is not down when you take your breakfast, you will find everything ready and prepared so you can enjoy your morning food.
We recommend staying at Jan’s with open heart, given the high quality of his accommodation and to his discrete, knowledgeable character, which will make you feel right at home or at friends’.

Room tip: We stayed in Room 3 (the biggest one we believe - a studio), magnificent, like an apartment, huge and cosy.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eliza_Bucharest
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I found this place as an excellent B&B I have came across. Owner Mr. Jan was very helpful and warm for the welcoming of the guest. The rooms are fantastic. The shopping areas, Metro Station and Main Railway Station is just within reach. I felt safe here compared to the other location.

Must Must visit and stay here for the warm welcome of Mr. Jan and exploring the capital of Europe.

Certainly, if Brussels is Heart of Europe then this property is Heart of Brussels.

Kudos!!!