I got back to my room before 1 am one night and my key card wasn't working. I had to ring them from the intercom outside the front door on the street as cars were passing by and was yelled at and called dumb for not being able to hear or understand him telling me that I had to go to a door behind the stairs for a backup key card that was taped onto the wall! And he hung up on me the first time after telling me this I had to ring back which is when I was told that I obviously wasn't the brightest kid in the house growing up! Most unprofessional and rudest host I've met in all my travels. And what professional guesthouse has a key card taped onto a wall that anyone in the place can access??
The room was also awful, very dark, old carpet, uncomfortable bed, shower was either too hot or not warm enough. And they gave me the front room by the front door where you could hear everyone going in and out.
Breakfast also not the best. You get a tiny cup of OJ, a cup of coffee and a plate of mixed breads and some spreads and some fruit.
Walking back late at night to this place also didn't feel the safest.
Worst place I've ever stayed. Highly unrecommendable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Les Ecrins is situated in a quiet street in the heart of Brussels at Place St. Catherine - the old Fish Market of Brussels, 6 minutes walking distance from the famous Grand Place, 15 minutes from E.C.Headquarters.It is nearby the St Catherine subway station and 20 minutes away from the national airport Zaventem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your The Residence Les Ecrins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Les Ecrins Hotel Brussels
- Residence Les Ecrins Brussels