The hotel is in St Catherines, which is a good place in Brussels as it is close enough (10 minute walk) to the centre, yet far enough away to be relatively quiet. St Catherines metro station is 2 minutes away, the bigger De Broukere station is about 5 minutes walk.
There are a number of very good restaurants in the area, Les Crustaces (very nice steak) and Buj Den Boer (very good for fish) being the ones we tried.
The hotel is clean, rooms are neat. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but friendly host Edward was happy to make us coffee.
Continental breakfast (coffee, orange juice, a selection of breads, croissants etc and fruit) was included which sets you up for the day.
Overall very good and recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Les Ecrins is situated in a quiet street in the heart of Brussels at Place St. Catherine - the old Fish Market of Brussels, 6 minutes walking distance from the famous Grand Place, 15 minutes from E.C.Headquarters.It is nearby the St Catherine subway station and 20 minutes away from the national airport Zaventem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Residence Les Ecrins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Les Ecrins Hotel Brussels
- Residence Les Ecrins Brussels