“EXCELLENT HOTEL - WOULD HAPPILY STAY AGAIN”
Review of Marivaux Hotel

Marivaux Hotel
Ranked #51 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 2, 2013

After staying at the Marivaux for 3 nights last week with my student son, I would recommend this lovely Hotel.
Great location, perfect for exploring Brussels and friendly, helpful and polite staff.
My room was very clean, comfortable and quite big.and looked newly refurbished to a high standard. I asked for a quiet, high floor room and was given one facing the back of the Hotel. Didnt hear any noise at all and slept soundly in my comfortable bed. I prefer to have a nice view outside after a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was very good and plentiful, hot and cold buffet was available, along with a selection of coffees and hot chocolate.The fresh fruit salad and croissants were delicious.
I cant fault The Marivaux at all. They certainly deserve the trip advisor awards.
Thank you all for an extremely pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynda010
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Lynda,
I would like to thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I am pleased to read that your room and the breakfast both met your expectations. I hope you and your son enjoyed Brussels and I hope to welcome you again soon!
Best wishes,
Sales manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,282)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a comfortable stay in this modern, quiet, spotless hotel with excellent friendly staff. Breakfast was good.
However, our room was remote, along narrow and winding corridors, the bed was small and one wall light needed a replacement bulb. Also the bathroom was equipped for one person only and the shower drain was blocked! The reception staff were willing to change our room but, having settled in we declined.
Most importantly, and possibly an offence, there were no emergency exit signs in or anywhere near our room!

Room Tip: Check your room before accepting it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richfolley

Dear Richfolley,
Thank you for sharing all your experiences, which only helps us improve our services. I am sorry for the inconveniences you had with your room and next time don’t hesitate to contact my colleagues at reception right away; they will make sure to move you to another room, which will meet your needs.
However, thank you again for the compliments on the hotel and our staff.
I hope to see you again next time you visit Brussels!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I just traveled to Brussels with a group of 35, and stayed at the Marivaux. I was very happy with the room. The bathroom was great - it seemed to be brand-new and was spotless. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was also quiet. The hotel has a nice little pub and restaurant downstairs. The menu looked good, but we just had time for a drink there, and that was very pleasant. Breakfast was decent. Location was good - lots of restaurants and shops nearby and just a 15 minute walk to Grand-Place.

Room Tip: One of the people I traveled with mentioned that his room smelled smokey. Mine was not, but I would...

Dear Clare,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on the Marivaux. I am delighted to read that you were very happy with the hotel and its services. It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit in Brussels.
Kindest regards,
Sales Manager

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Nice clean hotel. Short walk to shopping area and Grand Place. Staff very helpful and informative. Has valet parking which makes things easier when arriving. Wide selection at breakfast. Would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeenTraveller1983
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review! I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with the location of the Marivaux and also the rest of our services. We hope to welcome you again next time you visit Brussels.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very close to metro station (100mtrs) and set amidst a happening street. Very close to the Grand Palace (10-15min walk) area, helps u explore the city easily. The hotel is on the main road so locating it is easy.

The hotel is a bit different... is an old property in its style of construction and hence one finds it interestingly different from regular hotels. The breakfast served is average and if one books from their website...its complimentary. The rooms are large and spacious as compared to European standards, and the staff is pretty helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nitinojujo

Dear Nitinojujo,
I was delighted to read your review. It is great that our former cinema building caught your interest and that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you again for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor and for staying at the Marivaux during your vacation in Brussels, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel was fine base for our visit to the EU, it was close to the subway, close to the city core and pleasant places to live few days.
The corridors and elevator system was a bit strange.
The service was friendly and professional international.

Room Tip: First or second floor are the best

Dear Juhani,
Thank you for sharing your comments on the Marivaux Hotel. I am glad the location was convenient for you and you had enough time to discover the city. I hope to welcome you again for your next visit in Brussels.
Best wishes,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The position of this hotel is excellent, breakfast was very good, the reception staff was friendly and helpful. My room had a nice balcony looking at the Boulevard Max, but the room was very quiet. The bed was comfortable and the temperature was adjustable (which I appreciated very much).

The room was small, I had a carry-on small luggage, but no space was foreseen in my room to place the bag. No coat rack in the room entrance area. Just two small wardrobes (not enough wide to put my luggage inside), one of the two filled by the safe, coffee machine and minifridge. I moved one of the two bedside tables and put my carry-on luggage on it.
I could not find any socket close enough, so everytime I wanted to use the coffee machine, I had to remove it from the wardrobe and place it on the table, but at that point I had no space left for the computer...
Wifi was free, but the signal was not very strong in my room, at least not enough for skype and I was loosing the connection quite often.
Bathroom was new and clean. But no shelves to put things on.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel for position and if you want to start your day with a good breakfast, but I think the overall quality/price ratio, based on my experience and the room I was assigned, is not very convenient.

1  Thank Sandra L

Dear Sandra,
I would like to thank you for your detailed review, it is much appreciated. I am glad you were satisfied with the location of the Marivaux and the breakfast. Indeed, we have rooms with different sizes and I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. However, next time please don’t hesitate to ask for one of our more spacious Club or Harmony rooms, whenever possible, our reception staff will always try to accommodate you.