“Box office hit (for this converted cinema )”
Review of Marivaux Hotel

Marivaux Hotel
Ranked #50 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 21, 2012

As anyone knows it is all about room allocation on arrival so we can only give our experience.
Stayed for 5 nights from 15th to 20th December whilst visiting the Belgium Christmas Markets.
Faultless stay, excellent staff and room, high standard breakfast with a selection far above most hotels, can’t think of anything that could be added to the choice certainly enough variety to have something different each day.
Pleasant and helpful staff that cleared tables straight away.
Excellent housekeeping and room amenities.
Good location especially if you arrive by train to Brussels North station only 10 minutes walk.
Have stayed in many hotels and this is the best European one so far.
Would recommend this Hotel to everyone and would have no hesitation in booking a room with this hotel for any future visits.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Big thanks Steve for your top review!

It feels good to finish off the year with positive feedback of the Marivaux Hotel and we will look forward to your future visits in 2013!

All the best and kind regards from the Marivaux Team.

Sales Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (2,239)

995 - 1,001 of 2,239 reviews

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Hotel Marivaux was quit easy to find, a walkable distance from railway station. The hotel was fully booked, and we had asked for a quiet room. We got a quiet room, but one which was old, dark, damp and cold. The electric kettle was dirty, and mattresses in the bed were in poor condition -a pain to sleep on such things that had springs pointing here and there. When we asked for another room, the answer was: "We already had so much effort to get you quiet room, there are no rooms, we are fully booked". Our stay was for two nights, so next morning we asked again for a change and we got a room that was completely different from the first one. There was light, it wasn't cold, and the beds were decent -it was actually quite nice room with a view to the street outside. The breakfast was ok, and for the rest of our stay the service was good

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank etl2010
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear etl2010,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Marivaux Hotel. I am sorry that the initial room you received did not meet your expectations and I apologize for this inconvenience. The housekeeping department has been informed of your comments as this is not up to our standards. I am glad our staff were able to help with the room move and I am happy to read that you liked your room on your second night.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

During my last visit in Brussels I got the chance to try the Marivaux. This is a very nice hotel, very good location next to main trourist points. Reception desk very helpful and available. The room are very clean and has WIFI. This hotel has everything one needs for a 4 star hotel in the center of town. This will be my choice for future stay in Brussels (both business and pleasure).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear JJ :) ,

Thank you for your kind words! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and the Marivaux Hotel as a whole. Most of all, we look forward to your next visits in Brussels from Luxemburg!

All the best,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am giving this hotel the top rating, because for a 4 Star hotel it gave you everything.
The hotel is just 400yds from Rogier Metro station, which made it easy to get to. The location is only about 1/2 a mile from anywhere worth going to in Brussels.
All the staff speak English and are polite and Helpful.
We booked a Harmony room which was really very big. Bed was a Superking and the TV had 65 Channels of which 6 were in English.
Bath and a shower room were first class.
Breakfast was really very good with all options.
Only down side that it could get a bit hectic about 9am
Overall a very good hotel well worth a try.

Room Tip: Book a Harmony Room
2  Thank Gary T
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Gary_Norfolk,

On behalf of the Marivaux team, thanks for all the compliments and I even want to say: “keep them coming” :) I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and everything about the hotel so once again, thank you!

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was on a business trip in Brussels last week and I stayed at Marivaux. The room was was very clean, the staff was friendly. However, on checking out the person at the reception told me that I had to pay 1.05 euros for a telephone call. I told him that I had not made any telephone calls but he insisted that it was on the system . Since it was very early in the morning and i was in a hurry I didn't make any fuss and paid the bill. late on I checked the receipt and I found out that I had presumably called an unknown to me number. Probably the cleaning lady made her phone calls from my room. I visit Brussels quite often but I will seriously consider if I will stay in this hotel again. From a 4* star hotel I would expect to respect their clients.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Mr. An627

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, and pointing out the problem you encountered upon checking out. I have verified your invoice, and indeed, the number that was called from your room was a Marivaux number. I am very sorry this number was not immediately recognized and would like to apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused. Could you contact me personally on: sales@marivaux.be, as to have your complaint on record, so it can be treated accordingly?

I would like to thank you for still pointing out the things you liked about your stay, the friendly staff and clean room, despite the mishap.

Please note that there is always a Manager available at Reception and do not hesitate to ask for him as he will be more than happy to help.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,
Lien Schoutteten

Reviewed December 6, 2012

From the fire escape floor plan on the back of the door, I could see that this was the smallest room on the floor. There was almost no space around the bed. The clothes and minibar cupboards were pretty inadequate. Bath was a shower only - but it was efficient and easy to use. I did not get good wi-fi in the room - had to go out into the hall or into the lobby where it was fine.

The room was also noisy as it was on the street and being a weekend, there might have been extra noise from revellers.

The breakfast buffet was very good. I could not order a newspaper though. The TV was fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Anne M

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that the room did not meet your expectations but am glad to read that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Your room was recently renovated in April 2012 and any comments are more than welcome as we always want to improve the level of our service.

The Waterstones English bookshop across the street is open 7 days a week and newspapers from this shop can be bought directly at our Reception desk. I am sorry that you did not benefit from this service but hope you got all the news on TV :)

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at the Marivaux in a different room this time for a great stay in Brussels!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have stayed in the hotel last weekend. Check in was quick. Room was spacious and clean. Bed was big and very comfy! Tea/coffe fascilities in the room. Breakfast was really good and served till 11! Plenty of food on the plates, hot food dishes were also full and we didnt show up till 10.30. Very good service in the breakfast room! Service really stands out from overall Brussels service experience.
Hotel is not even 5 minutes walk from the shopping area and maybe 10 minutes walk from the restaurants and bars. Subway station only around the corner.
I would defo come back.

Room Tip: Bit noisy front rooms but wouldnt expect anything else from a city centre hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Anna S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marivaux. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your weekend in our hotel! Thanks for the great compliment with regards to our service, we’re definitely waiting for your next visit :) !

Lien Schoutteten