“What ?!? This should be one of the best in Brussels?!?”

Noordzee Mer du Nord
Ranked #16 of 3,759 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This can't be serious. This place is like a McDonald of fish food. Sure, it is lively, popular and prices are not that high, but quality isn't top either. Nothing more than a place to have a quite bite if one is hanging around Place St. Catherine, is hungry, in a hurry and feels like having seafood without having to take out too many EURO notes out of his/her wallets.

3  Thank Luca P

Reviewed August 5, 2013

If I was ever within 100km of Brussels again I would make my way to Mer du Nord, simple but amazingly fresh seafood which they cook on the street and offer until they run out. Sadly we got there a bit late (around 2pm) and many of the dishes were gone and even though I ordered a tuna steak by the time I got back to order another one it was finished for the day. Personally I would skip the shrimp rolls, and simply stick to the fresh fish, mussels, clams and whatever else they offer. It is simply a fun and delicious place to eat and a real heaven for fresh seafood lovers. My only reservation about recommending the place is that it will just become busier next time I visit. DO NOT MISS.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

It's fun, it's crowded, the food is fresh and tasty and it's closed until August. Give it a try when it re-opens. You can also buy cocktails from the pop-up van opposite. It's standing room only.

1  Thank Ceedoubleu
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I just want to remind everyone that Noordzee is closed until end of July 2013 because of renovation/expansion. (I case average for everything since I didn't try any...but really wanna remind everyone)
We went there last week but were disappointed since it was closed! No notice was put in their official website...

1  Thank C E
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We took a train from Amsterdam to Brussels. After we made it through the tourist area of the Grand Place , we were happy to reach the French area of Brussels. We enjoyed finding Noordzee after reading about how fresh the fish soup was and the "fish balls". We know there is another name but loved the fun we had at the market standing in the rain under the tents with no worries! Mr. Fishmonger was so nice and gave us a hint to taste a local beer called Senne at the pub across the street. Now that is a beer. Had a great lunch and a great day in Brussels.