“Keep returning”

Toscana 21
Ranked #503 of 3,521 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kent
“Keep returning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We love this restaurant. Authentic food, great staff, warm atmosphere (but don't sit too near the door in the winter!). A definite favourite and one we keep returning to.

Visited December 2012

Illinois
“Great spot in Brussels!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I visited on Friday night with a friend who just moved to the city. We had walked around and identified a few spots to eat, but upon reviewing the menu (and how cute it looked inside), we decided on Toscana 21 and I'm really glad that we did.

Thankfully, our waitress spoke perfect English, though usually you can get by (and my friend speaks some French), but I was happy to not have to do too much translation on the menu (why is it that I can understand words far better than I can speak them?).

Anyway, we were seated upstairs, where we waited for a little bit. I think there might only be one server in the restaurant...but once we were greeted, service was great! We started with the meat and cheese plate - VERY good, and high quality. I am a lover of all things cheese, so I was happy. I am not a grilled eggplant person (that came on the side), but the veggies were grilled nicely (eggplant, zucchini and artichoke). Bread was warm and tasty.

I had the penne arrabiata and my friend had the special (tortellini with goat cheese and honey in a creamy sauce). Both were amazing...pasta cooked perfectly, flavors were superb and the quality was very high.

In terms of value, this spot was great! For two of us, with 2 quartinos of wine, the meat and cheese platter (priced per person) and 2 entrees, we netted out at about 68 EUR - not too shabby! After 2 visits to Brussels and some lackluster food, I would definitely visit this spot again! Bonus for taking credit cards!

Visited November 2012
Belgium
“To basic, nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Nothing special at all. i have no ideas where the positive remarks come from. The food, the service, the interior it all is very basic. Simple average pasta dishes. I am surpised this restaurant has so many positive reviews, I can't find any positive point after my visit. Also my friends who have been already have no high tought of this restaurant.

3 Thank Olivier P
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent genuine Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great food, really nice and helpful waiter and good wine. We shared a plate of different pecorino cheese with some kinf of berry jam - amazing!! As a main dish, we had "polpi" (octopus) with potatoes in a stew and roastbeef with very tasty Italian oil. You can see that this family business imports all the products from Toscana and that they know exactly what they are putting on your plate. Maybe the wine is a bit overprized (we chose the "vino della casa" because we thought that the bottles were a bit overprized). Count about 45 euros per person for one appetizer for too, two main dishes, table wine and one dessert for two.

Bath
“Best Italian Restaurant I've Eaten At”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Trying to find a decent Italian if you have food allergies (especially gluten/wheat) can be a nightmare, but these guys were really clued up on it.

The food was fantastic and they were happy to customize their menu with gluten-free pasta/breads etc. The desserts were also very, very good.

All in all, a very cosy and friendly restaurant. A great place to eat whether you have any allergies or not, and set in a quiet street of Brussels that allows to you relax and enjoy the food outside of the hubbub of the central streets.

Highly recommended - well worth its reputation.