“Thai, bon et PAS CHER! / Thai, good and cheap!”
Review of Citizen - CLOSED

Citizen
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Yes, it's true, I already written something about one of the competitors (the one to the front at the other side of the place St boniface).

Have a walk in this really "high-typical" area of town it's each time a surprise.
And Citizen is part of the good ones! Ina very modernizing frame with a very large range of choices and different menus, Citizen was able to play the game skillfully.
Indeed, it wasn't so easy to provide such a quality and face the number one competitor of St Boniface place. Really faithful to the original thai/local food, every time, you're quite sure to get something good.

Thumb up: price, good value for money, 4 bullets it's the grade!, perfect to take away!
thumb down: a bit fashion, not yet the one higher than the others.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

Went to citizen twice in the past couple of weeks, love the food - the Pad Thai is out of this world and authentic as you would eat it in Thailand... Also the spring rolls and soups are great... But also my friends loved the indian and vietnamese dishes. The service is casual, but very attentative and friendly. The atmosphere is casual and the decor is modern. The prices give good value for money.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

This place is a joke

Food is fine, red house wine belongs in the toilet.
To my surprise they came back with one of my 20 EUR notes that i used to pay and told me it was a fake one.

If i didn't took a fresh load of twenty's from the KBC dispenser before i came in they could try to make a point.

Keep up the good food, change the wine, and don't screw your clients.

a bad review like this cost you more.

2  Thank nicefoodreview
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Just got back from Citizen which we tried for the first time tonight. I have to say, I was really impressed. Having tried so many bad Asian restaurants in Brussels (Mainly Chinese ones where the food is bland and westernised) I was very pleasantly surprised.

Citizen seem to offer a mixture of Indian, Vietnamese and Thai dishes and seem to offer too much choice if anything on their menu. However, the three dishes we picked were all very good, especially the red curry sauce which was one of the best we have ever tasted.
All the dishes were made with fresh ingredients which was great and the prices were very reasonable, especially for Brussels.

I cannot comment much on the service or atmosphere as we ordered take out, but from what we saw it looked very cosy.

We shall definitely be back!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 4, 2009

cosy atmosphere, friendly people, delicious food, low prices: all you ever wanted

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook