“Sweet experience”
Review of Sweet Brussels

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brussels
Sweet Brussels
Ranked #38 of 209 Brussels B&B and Inns
Arnhem (The Netherlands)
“Sweet experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Not so long ago I was in Brussels for a week and stayed at B&B Sweet Brussels. It was definitely one of the best B&B’s I have ever visited. The room was spacious but cosy and very well equipped. Everything was clean and tidy, the bed was very good and there even was a big flat screen TV. No complaints whatsoever. The location is fine: just a short walk from the centre of the city and close to a railroad- and metro-station. The railroad track behind the building can, however, be a bit noisy, but I slept very well with ear-plugs. I really appreciate the care the hostess took to make me feel at home. My visit to Brussels was work-related and she offered to serve breakfast – which was very good by the way – earlier than usual so I could go to work in time. And one of the first things she did was making sure I could access the Wifi internet. When my wife joined me later on in the week she felt the same: a great B&B, that offered all one would expect and more, with very friendly owners. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Gub_Siek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Sweet Brussels is a hidden gem in Brussels. My friend came across this B&B when we were researching for a place to stay and I am totally in love with this place. We stayed there for two nights, short but pleasant stay.

The room is brightly painted with white walls and light pink curtain, color scheme is very soothing for the eyes. Huge and comfy bed, extra pillows and clean sheets. They also have a huge bathtub for me to soak in after a long day of walking. At first I was concern of the noise during breakfast time because our room is located right beside the dining room. However, waking up the next day, there wasn't any noise at all and the heavy curtain actually blocked out the daylight so we had a good sleep!

Their breakfast was awesome too, we got a few choices for eggs such as scramble, omelet or over easy. They also serve fresh orange juice, hot chocolate, fruits platters, cheese and meat platters. Oh, and I love their coffee machine, it makes proper cappucino! Just what I need to start my day before doing my sight seeing. hahaha

The location of this B&B is also very convenient walking distance to all the attractions and they have eateries right across our room. Sophie is really helpful to welcome our arrival. She also gave us a map to show us all the places we can visit during our short stay and recommended us places to eat. On the day we are leaving, our host Sophie and Eric helped us to call for a large cab to get to the train station. While waiting for the cab, they chatted with me and my friends. Sweet Brussels really make us feel at home. Great hospitality and we will definitely come back again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HumbleTraveller_21
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed May 1, 2012

As a typical B&B of a family, Sweet Brussels may not have the convenience that a hotel has. No elevator, no credit card and a funny door we are responsible to lock. Don't be put off by this. The owner, Sophie, does everything to make your stay pleasant. I stayed in room 5 on the highest floor which has an amazing kitchen, a huge TV with all channels you would ever dreamed of and a lot of space in the simple but tastefully decorated bedroom. It is a climb to that room but I always take a break in the breakfast room on the 2nd floor having coffee or tea that Sophie provides for us for free. Breakfast is continental and basic but the ingredients are of the highest quality like freshly squeezed orange juice and homemade fruit salad. This is definitely a place for single woman traveller for the fact you would feel very safe being taken care by a nice family.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Morakot P
Herndon, VA
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during our first trip to Brussels...our first few days in Europe actually. Sofie was so nice to us, opened her doors to us in the morning and let us take a nap after our long flight from states. We were in Room 2, which has a bathtub in the room and a bathroom outside in the hallway. My husband wished there was a shower, but I enjoyed watching him use the tub! The B&B is a 15 minute walk to the Grand Place and surrounding attractions. Breakfast was nice: cheese, meats, breads, and eggs or french toast cooked to order. We would definitely stay again if we ever go back to Brussels...only book earlier so my husband can have his shower!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linnea D
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Sweet Brussels definitely made our stay in Brussels sweet! The house is so grand yet very comfortable and inviting. Stephen checked us in and really took time to show us around the house and also orient us as to what to do and see in the city.

Our room was beautiful with vaulted ceilings and a balcony overlooking the front street. The claw foot soaking tub was a welcomed delight after walking around the city on a cold, gray day. Hot tea is available at any time and you can also purchase cold drinks.

Breakfast was delicious with cappuccino, fresh fruit, sweet breads, cheese, meats and hot eggs made to order.

We took a foot tour of Brussels our first day there and then decided to take a one hour train ride to Brugge our second day. The ride was great and Brugge was so picturesque and lovely; however, we were happy to come back to Brussels for a good night’s rest at Sweet Brussels. The next morning it was very convenient to be close to Midi-Station to catch our train to Amsterdam.

Sophie is a lovely and gracious innkeeper. We highly recommend staying at Sweet Brussels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teamgt
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here last week! The location was super for what I needed: a five-minute walk from Midi Station (Eurostar), a ten-minute walk from Grande Sablon, a ten-minute walk straight down the street to the Grande Place.... This part of the Avenue de Stalingrad seems to be a quiet, peaceful area of Moroccans going about their business (and NOT "menacing"--these are "aspiring" immigrants to Europe, not "the raw and hungry" of Tangiers, Fez, Ourzazate or Erfoud!!) When the many sycamore trees which line both sides of the Avenue are in leaf, it will be quite a gracious street!

Room 1, probably once one of the drawing rooms of the 1890s house, was large, spotlessly clean, light and toasty warm with "scrubbed " wooden floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, a lovely fin-de-siecle fireplace surround and that look of "stripped down elegance" so in vogue these days. The "white" bathroom had an elegant roll-top bathtub.... The balcony was a blessing (both for the view AND as a place to just throw on a coat and bedslippers, nip out and conveniently have a smoke!!) The room contained a large flat-screen TV, DVD player, etc. and some interesting books...

Breakfast was good: eggs to order (scrambled, boiled or fried), a variety of fresh breads and croissants, pastries and pain-au-chocolate, fresh orange juice, cereal etc. and a coffee machine (available at all times!). There is an "honesty bar" stocked with cold drinks, beers, various bottles of booze, etc. also available....

Sophie was both kind and accommodating in offerring me maps, information and most welcome coffee and croissants upon my arrival after my very early morning Eurostar trip from London. And the price for all of this?? 110 euros for a lovely and "artistically stylish" room, a good breakfast, a convenient "smokers' balcony", coffee and chocolates "on-tap" in a convenient location with a pleasant and accommodating "hostess" is, to my mind a real bargain, to say the least!!!!!

Room Tip: I could imagine seeing a photo of Room 1 in "The World of Interiors" magazine!!