“Great B&B, charming and very warm hosts”
Review of Sweet Brussels

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brussels
Sweet Brussels
Ranked #38 of 209 Brussels B&B and Inns
USA
“Great B&B, charming and very warm hosts”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We had a brief stay in Brussels and chose this B&B based on TripAdvisor reviews - am glad we did. The B&B is situated a very short walk from the Brussels Midi station so that is a huge convenience. We stayed in the room adjoining the kitchen. Room was fantastic with really high ceilings, very comfortable bed and was quite large. Bathroom is large too. Breakfast is really excellent. You do have a couple of flights of stairs to climb so do be aware of it.

Sophie and Chris are very helpful and warm hosts. Someone has mentioned the locality in one of the reviews - do not be put off by that. The neighborhood is very safe and we had no trouble walking late from the Brussels center to this place. It is a short 10 min walk to the Central Square.

We will stay here again if we find ourselves in Brussels in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Abe G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was our first trip to Brussels and we chose the accommodation based on the reviews and also as it was so close to Brussels Midi.
We arrived quite late at night and were greeted by Steven who told us a bit about the B&B before showing us to our room. We were in room 5, right at the top so a few stairs to climb, and it was a lovely room.
As you walk in there is a small kitchen area in front of you with a breakfast bar and two stools and to your left there is the main bedroom/sitting area.
The bed was large and comfy and there were two chairs, table and a desk as well as some shelves and hanging space for clothes. The bathroom was large and very clean with a bath and shower.
Breakfast was usually served by Sophie who was always so cheerful and helpful in a large room with a huge window letting in lots of light it was so nice.
The breakfast itself was also very nice. You had the choice of boiled, scrambled or fried egg with some toast and there was also a variety of breads, meats, cheese, fruit and cereal as well as tea, coffee and fresh orange juice.
I would definately recommend this B&B to family and friends and if we ever return to Brussels would stay here again :-)

Room Tip: If you have walking difficulties the stairs may be a problem especially if your on the top floor - r...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clare G
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Sweet brussels is a great B&B on one of the main streets near the midi station. The hosts (Sophie and Chris) are very helpful and friendly and spoke excellent english. The room was very large with a balcony overlooking the street, fabulous big comfortable bed.. The bathroom was modern and well presented. Unusually for a european B&B we were offered a cooked breakfast. Other reviews mention the neighbourhood but really it is nothing to worry about at all, in fact adds some atmosphere and anyhow it is only a short walk to the city centre, grand place etc. The free WiFi worked really well. Sophie booked our taxi and even waited with us and chatted till it arrived. An excellent B&B no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rossco90
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We had chosen the Sweet Brussels B&B guided by excellent reviews on TripAdvisor аnd we met all our expectations.

We were greeted by very pleasant hostess Sofie. Since that time until the end of our stay we had been feeling the personal treatment . We stayed at Sweet Brussels for 5 nights. The room was very spacious and high-ceilinged. Thanks to large windows there were much light. Everything we needed was at our disposal: big and comfortable double bed, tv with dvd player, huge bathroom with shower, hairdryer. They changed our towels every day.

Every morning started with tasty breakfast. As a coffee addict I appreciated Nespresso coffee machine with great range of coffee sorts. Besides, breakfast included fresh squeezed orange juice, fruit salad, yoghurt, cheese, ham, fresh bread and eggs cooked the way we wished.
One more advantage of Sweet Brussels is the convenient location: 10 minutes walk from Midi station and 10 minutes walk to Grand Place. You can leave your car on street for free from 6 pm till 9 am.

To be objective I should mention two points. There is no any lifts in the building, so it might be a matter of some difficulty. The second thing, you have to pay a deposit through bank transfer. But those things didn’t spoil the general impression of our stay in Sweet Brussels B&B.

In conclusion I’d like to say it is really “sweet-sweet” B&B!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WalkiTalki
Batam Center, Indonesia
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stay for 2 nights at the end of our 3 weeks Europe trip at Sweet Brussels B&B.
We choose to stay there because of the good review and the convenient location to the main train station (about 10-15min walking).
The location is in Arab neighborhood but nothing to worry about, it is very safe.. Just avoid the area near to the train station at night.
Chris welcome us and provide us with the introduction of the house, our room is quite spacious with LCD TV and attached bathroom (Rainshower,..yayyy)..
The room has a high ceiling and very clean.
Just be more considerate when you walk up and down the staircase as the sounds of walking can be heard quite clearly even we are inside the room.
We love the simple breakfast provided every morning, Sofie is such a sweet host will ask you what type of egg that you want to have.
Sofie also provided us with a Brussels city map, places to visit, and also recommend us one of the best restaurant for Mussels.. And it is true, we had the best mussels in our life at that particular restaurant.. We will soon write a review for that restaurant as well.
Free wifi is provided so it is good for those who brough laptop or smartphone to get connected with friends and family.
We would like to thank Chris and Sofie for their help and hospitality during our stay at Sweet Brussels.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank rudy_setiawan
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed at Sweet Brussels for three weeks. Sofie and Sarah were so nice and helpful. Sweet Brussels is within walking distances from a number of things: Midi Train station; Grand Place; Mannekin Pis; comic strip museum; Palace of Justice; weekend antiques market (Sablon area) and flea market (Marolles area). I stayed in room 4, one of the apartment/studio. I had everything I needed for an extended stay. The room was spacious and full of natural light!!! Which I loved so much. I had a beautiful view of the Palace of Justice dome from most of the windows. The free WiFi was great to have as well. Sofie gave us directions for the nearest supermarket and ideas on some restaurants.Previous reviews mention their dislike for the neighborhood. I would disagree completely. Because of my length of stay, I was afforded the opportunity to walk around the neighborhood at various times of the day and night. What I witnessed were couples walking with children of varying ages; people from various ethnic groups. Yes there are times, especially at night, when one will only see male presence in some of coffee shops around the B&B but there is no need to be alarmed. As a female, I felt perfectly comfortable.
My stay was so perfect that I am planning on returning next year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank speniii
London
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I have stayed in many expensive and disappointing hotels in Brussels during frequent visits to European Commission offices due to EC funded research projects. Recently, I tried a few B&Bs and was much happier. This one is the best of all the ones I tried! I only stayed one night but wished I could have stayed a week or two. Super comfortable rooms, wonderfully clean and tastefully arranged. A shower that makes you want to relax, close your eyes, and feel like you're in a tropical rain storm (why did I have to have a meeting at 9?? I would have stayed under that shower for much longer....) Breakfast was delicious, well arranged, in a pleasant environment, with eggs cooked to perfection, and the company of friendly fellow travellers. An "honesty bar" (help yourself and put the cost of your drink in a little box) and a collection of books and DVDs (there's a player and a flat screen TV in each room) make this an ideal comfort place for a longer stay as well. Above all, the kindness and friendliness of Sofie and her family makes you feel at home as soon as you arrive. Regarding the location, other reviewers are probably right: it may not be Brussels' safest area, but keep in mind that Brussels is generally a safe city and crime rates are low so not too much to worry about. It is conveniently located 5 minute walk from Brussels Midi and the Eurostar terminal, 5-10 minute walk from the central square (Grand Place). The Morroccan shops and restaurants on Avenue Stalingrad have a certain oriental charm. As I walked home from Grand Place around midnight, having read the reviews on TripAdvisor, I asked a policeman if he thought it was dangerous to walk back to Av. Stalingrad by myself. He jokingly answered: "Monsieur, ne vous inquiétez pas: les crapules ne sortent jamais quand il pleut!" (don't worry, sir. Thieves never come out when it rains.) Since it does rain rather often in Brussels, you should be safe most of the time... Finally as I approached the front door I got worried that someone was following me, then upon turning around saw him smile broadly: it was Sofie's husband coming home. Reading TripAdvisor can give you paranoia :-)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business