“Great ambiance, even better food”
Review of Gusto Trattoria

Gusto Trattoria
Ranked #888 of 3,715 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Gusto is inconspicuously tucked away in a corner of the Chatelain neighborhood. It offers fresh food, generous portions, friendly staff and a bustling environment. Highly recommended if you enjoy a busy scene, loud music, good food, decent service by Brussels standards + reasonable prices. Stay away if you prefer to eat in a peaceful and spacious environment. Reservations recommended.

1  Thank evelynecwhite

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We have known Francesco, the chef/owner of this lovely restaurant almost since we arrived to Brussels 7 years ago. This is the restaurant we always go back when we need good food, good atmosphere at fantastic price. Since Francesco open this cozy restaurant is always full for lunch from Monday to Fridays and dinner as well. If you plan to come the weekend, and maybe during the week, you must book a table. Everybody repeats.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

There is a reason why I steer my friends away from Brussels city center. My favorite place to eat/go out is southern Brussels in Ixelles. I have been to Gusto a few times and I love the menu and the service (Brussels is not known for good service) is very good. On the weekends it's quite busy so reservations are a must. The gnocchi is my favorite dish.

1  Thank TheDiningTraveler
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This place is located to Rue Fourmois 32 and Rue du Page, which is a really trendy street in Brussels this period. Unfortunately, the good location does not guarantee a satisfying outcome! Walking along the street many times, I had noticed that "Gusto" was packed with people -it is small anyway- and, consequently, I formed the impression that something very good was going on there! Nop, it was not the case! When you charge 17 euros for a plate of ordinary pasta, you are expected to deliver something above average. No, "Gusto" it is not the case. The pasta we ordered lacked sophistication and I bet I can cook much better tagliatelle than the ones served there. The accompanying prosciutto was not of fine quality, the croquettes made of parmesan were indifferent, the dessert was average. The only good thing we enjoyed there was a bottle of nice red italian wine, which, I have to admit this, it had a reasonable price. As far as the service is concerned, it was not good either: The waiter delayed considerably to take an order, we ended up ....eating our nails since there was anything else to eat on the table! Ok they serve big quantities but, hold on a second, what am I? A hungry farmer?!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Too salty indeed, like the other reviewer said. So many flavor enhancers that you dont taste the food...