“Lunch for less than 4 EUR”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chao Chow City

Chao Chow City
Ranked #1,232 of 3,521 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Brussels, Belgium
“Lunch for less than 4 EUR”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

What a surprise when I saw on the bill that my lunch was priced 3,80 EUR. Unbelievable, this must be one of the cheapest place to eat in the centre of Brussels at noon. The waiter asked me 'à la carte' or 'lunch menu'. We took the menu which were tasty noodles; nothing special but we (me and my children) enjoyed the meal. The place is crowded with Chinese tourists which is a good sign for authentic food (I think they have a arrangement with some organisations),so it's rather noisy. Toilets were not very clean.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Bart D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
“We really liked it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stopped in for a quick lunch and we're a bit put off by the look of the place to begin with. But, when the food came, we were glad we'd come in. The staff was very friendly tho I didn't have the impression they spoke English. We got along fine in French.
I had fried shrimp dumplings for 6€. There were 8 of them! wow, for an appetizer that was a good amount. One of my daughters had the lunch of the day - pineapple chicken - and loved it. The other daughter, who is a very picky eater, had chicken noodles. She was very impressed and ate more than I've seen her eat in a long time! We had bottled water and the bill for 3 was only 22€.
I'd go back!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank geeparee22
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Just an ordinary Chinese restaurant and not too clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Its just an ordinary Chinese restaurant, ordinary taste of food. Good services from the staff but my main concern its about the restaurant environment, outside and inside feel and look dirty.
It's located in the busy main road, great location. I believe if they care more about the hygiene they will get a better rating

• Visited October 2012
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

If you are put off by non-English speaking places then stay clear. Although the menu has 'English sub-titles', the language barrier is very clear and I got by with a mix of English and broken French (which was quite fun).

However, the place is full of Chinese diners which is usually a good sign.

I had Hot & Sour soup to begin with which was not particulary sour but had a bit of a kick to it. It wasn't particularly hot temperature-wise either but acceptable.

For a main course, I had Beef Satay which comes with boiled rice (I mention this as it doesn't say this on the menu and I've been to Chinese restaurants where you would have to order this separately).

This was tasty but also not as hot in taste as I would have expected. The portion was very big though and the beef came with a nice surround of broccoli.

All washed down with a Tsingtao beer in a wine glass(!) for just €18.20.

Price and portions are good but I've certainly had better tasting Chinese meals in other places.

• Visited September 2012
Worldwide
“Average, over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

After reading some positive reviews I gave this place a try, the food was very average compared to the price they were charging.
Definitely will not be going back.

• Visited January 2012