“Best noodles in Brussels”
Review of Au Bon Bol

Au Bon Bol
Ranked #831 of 3,876 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Unbelievably good food, they make the noodles in front of you and they are excuisite! the place is always full, any day of the week. i suggest the noodle soups - that's their specialty. Prices are very low and the plates are huge! i really reccomend it, bon appetit!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Okay, yes it does get crowded and you may have to wait (duh....good restaurants usually are this way!) and the food is reasonably priced for a meal in Brussels (about 8-10 euros per dish) but the the best thing is if you can get a table is the quality of the food. The noodle and soup dishes are basic and large but very tasty. However, I also have tried some other dishes such as the rices, noodle and meat dishes....pretty good traditional Chinese food and talk about quantity for the buck...I could of easily shared my two platters but selfish me ate it all by myself! I only give my rating a four since yes, it is very crowded and the resaurant could use more space as I had to sit with a local who slupred his soup. In addition, I was there for less than an hour in the noodle space and they turned away about 100-125 patrons that did not wait but went somewhere else. The best time is to eat early....before 6 pm or after 9 pm.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were tempted in by the sight of baking noodles at the window. The food was good, but the service staff were not friendly, and were hassling as they had much to do. As a result we had to wait for 45 minutes as they forgot to serve us. A little bit less people, and a bit more organized way of working would do good for the place.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Reading the tripadvisor rating before going we thought we would be in for more tasty fare than was available.
This is all round a very average experience.
The restaurant is cramped, and very noisy because of it.
While I and a friend ordered the noodle soup (the noodles of which are made in house) or other friend ordered a rice and chicken combo, which was underwhelming. The noodle soup, though good, was a bit flat, considering the noodles were meant to be fresh.
I wouldn't hessitate to recommend for a quick lunch or dinner, but not something to take friends out for a good meal and conversation.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Cheap and home made noudles - uncomplicated place. Good for what it is. Do not get the fried noodles, just stick to the noodle soaps, they can be really nice after some grey day :)

1  Thank CG_7204