“Really Good food”
Review of Yaki

Yaki
Reserve with
Yaki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 3,777 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I went there with 2 friends and I ca say that it is really good food for a reasonable price. Tasty, fast made and big quantity. It is worth giving it a try!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great spot for an 'on budget' meal: perfect location, attentive service, tasty food and great prices!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Yaki was a sudden discovery on a Sunday noon walk when I was craving tasty Thai fried rice. I found the branch on Rue du Midi. It has a nice outdoor seating and is very enjoyable when a nice breeze is flowing. The food blew me away. I like every dish that I have tried in this restaurant, except may be the starters like spring roll. But who cares. They serve very very tasty (and I mean it, it is always perfectly prepared and seasoned to the mark)...ok so I was saying they serve very tasty(huge and hot) soups. These are like the Vietnamese noodle soups which you have as a complete meal. You just don't need anything after that.
The fried rice and vermicelli noodles and the thai curries (red and green and penang) are also very good.
All dishes are available in the vegetarian, chicken, shrimp, duck and seafood mixed versions.
If you want to eat some good south east Asian cuisine, trust Yaki with your eyes closed.

One suggestion about the branches. Yaki has two branches.
1) Rude de Poissoneries - The service is much better here, the staff speaks English and they have a slight décor. The outdoor seating is a bit cramped here.
2) Rue du Midi - The outdoor seating is very very good. The indoor seating might get stuffy on hot days as the kitchen vapours carry upwards to the dining area. Everyone on staff may not be able to speak in English.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I were both blown away by the phenomenal lunch we had at this resto. We shared a salad and then some spicy garlic fried rice. Words can't describe how blown away we both were by the rice dish it was off the charts amazing!!! We both enjoy Asian food and this was truly some of the best we've had the pleasure of tasting. We ate at the location just off Grand Place during busy lunch hour and the service was friendly & efficient!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Maybe I need to blame myself because I do not speak French and it seems that basic knowledge of English is not available in this multinational city. Everybody needs to speak French.

I asked the staff to tell me which one is better between chicken and beef meals. I did not mention duck at all. I did choose chicken. I also ordered Jupiler beer. Surprisingly I was provided different beer, which I asked to be changed. When I got my meal, I started to be suspicious. Meat did neither look nor taste like chicken. I asked the staff and they said that it was duck as I ordered. I said that I did not order duck and I did not even mention duck when I was ordering meal. Staff said that I showed duck. I did not agree and finally they changed the meal. Chicken tasted good. When I received the bill, they tried to charge me the duck that was more expensive. I said that I will pay only price of chicken. First it looks that they did not accept it but finally they did it.

I am really surprised how the staff cannot remember easy things and why cannot they ask if something is not clear. Maybe it is just Belgian attitude that you cannot show it. The service was also arrogant like it is in Belgium.