“Average food, friendly staff, small tables”
Review of Yaki

Yaki
Reserve with
Yaki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 3,828 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2012

It is a fast food place rather than a dining experience. People keep mentioning its cheap, but not in that category -for 20 Euro I had a very average thai srimp soup and red beef curry. Been there on Sunday, so it is a plus they were open. Staff is friendly and efficient, but the tables are way too small.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

After reading great reviews, we thought we'd try out Yaki. It was quite a walk from our hotel, but well worth it! We had the fried noodles with chicken and spicy garlic chicken with rice. Both were adequately spicy and piping hot from the kitchen, which is right in the small seating area. The energetic man (owner?) was fantastic, making jokes and having a great time. We arrived early- about 6:30- for dinner and the place was almost full already and jam packed when we left. Definitely would go back!

1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I knew of this place from reading reviews, but I stumbled upon it Saturday night around 9 pm. Being alone, I only had to wait 5 minutes for a table, yet others after me had to wait 10-15 minutes as the place was packed. And for good reason!

I started with a pork appetizer (eggroll almost) with vegetables inside. A great size portion for only 5 euros. Very tasty.. off to a great start.
I asked the waitress to help me choose between two dishes for my main course, and I went with the duck friend rice. I have had plenty of thai in my life, and this ranks up near the top. Great flavor and big portion size for 10 euro. I was full at this point.

The owner ( i suspect) was a younger man, energetic, joking, made it more enjoyable. The waitress was a cute blonde girl who spoke a few different languages and made great recommendations. Overall I was very pleased with my meal.

1  Thank Mike1227
Reviewed March 27, 2012

If you are looking for a casual meal where great food and great service is guaranteed, look no further. Away from the tourist traps this restaurant has amazingly flavorful thai dishes in a casual, cozy and spotlessly clean restaurant. The most impressive thing was our waiter who managed to balance four languages and make the experience extremely enjoyable. We will be back!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I've been trying many places for pad thai in Belgium and this one so far was the best. It is small but turn around seems to be fast and we did not have a problem getting a table and neither did anyone else it seemed. I think it may be worse on weekends. Service is fast and it is not the type of place people would sit around in all evening like other restaurants. The waiter was friendly and made us laugh. A perfect place to go to before going out in Brussels. I would come back.

1  Thank Atalanta8