“Definitely not a 3 star hotel at all!”
Review of Hotel George V

Hotel George V
Ranked #176 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Dirty bathroom with barely functioning shower heads, no a/c, tiny rooms, uncomfortable beds, dirty tables and walls, holes in the wall, etc. There was even gum stuck on the ceiling!

There were little to no amenities such as a tv remote or clocks in the room. No separate shower supplies either, just a soap dispenser on the wall, like really?

I would never stay here again, other than the fact that it fairly close to the center of the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Spartan12103

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I don't understand how this has a 3 star ranking. I was really disappointed in the room. The shower was the smallest I'd ever tried to wash in and was dirty. There was no bedside table, no remote for the tiny tv, no clock. The location is a long walk from anywhere convenient. The receptionist pretended (or even more bizarrely truthfully) did not to understand what I meant by either "I'd like to check in" or "can you let be register for my room". And made me ask in French.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank T
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We where suppose to be staying there Christmas till 2 januari , after the third day we packed our backs and booked out! The day before Christmas,whole Cristmas only 1 nice man was working 3 days/24 hours to do all in his own. Reception,Bar,Breakfast and the nightshift! He was very nice to us and we where getting a cup of coffee at the bar with him, tell him to set it on a bill for us to pay at the end of the week. No problem till the next morning we seen the nice man standing with a mad collegea, looking like a little french wordfight between them, what happend that he was fired for the coffee for us last night! The mad man at the bar was working the shift for the nice persons who get fired! No welcoming for persons who come in he was angry whole day to us and others, not nice I've you need your roomkey to get from him everytime you enter or leave your hotel. In 3 days our room wasn't cleaned, we ask ourselfs for clean towels. Next morning we did some breakfast, coffee was cold, egg was bleu inside.. we packed our bags and checked out. Two nice persons at the bar who speak also french,dutch/belgian and englisch told us that his manager/boss got a other hotel to, so we when't there. Told them there wat was happening and that I wanna speak to his boss/manager about it. Boss was on vacation he told me, can't do anything for me, no refunds, nothing he would or could do to it, we checked out so there was the door if I could leave his hotel now. So we did...looking around before leaving the impression was that george v was the second hotel from the same boss and the hotel i was now,was his better hotel where he put the money for both hotels in, there was more staff working there, things look nicer and cleaner and there was parking in the hotel so i could see outside and a nice restaurant. Shame for there collagea at Hotel george, who are working in a enviroment with shift over 76 hours, no clean hotel, do dishes for all people in morning breakfast, in a noisy and old building, where soms paint, new matras,tv and some moderning the place in the bathrooms and the other interieur, is a good idea. We know we did a budget hotel but even for this budget is to high rating for 3 stars.. Sorry S, for the drama after 2 coffee at the bar, I hope your next job is for a good boss and we left money for you behind the reception by a nice collegea of you. You where very nice to us and we hope you got a good job soon again, where they like you for who you are, even nice after a shift of more then 24x3 days! And don't get fired after christmas days,because you just forget to charge 2 coffee on the bill yet..after a to long shift. Hope for a better 2013 workjob for you from the netherlands..we still sorry for what happend to you..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel needs a visit from the Belgium revision authorities that gives licenses for lodging. The worst I've ever seen!
The bathroom was deplorable, with water faucets covered in hard water deposits, choked drainage in the shower, water levels rises around your feet and ankles instead of draining out, and there's hair deposits from the drainage hole swimming up instead of flowing down and out , disgusting! Dirty floor carpets with a musty smell.
The window had such a draft in the sleeping room, that we had to block the space with a bed sheet to stop the cold air from entering, and lastly, the beds are horrible , with lumpy mattresses, and no mattress protection on them.
The radiator in the bathroom, also not working and the windows also has an unimaginable draft that will shock you into being fully awake if you are not. All this in room #104! Be aware!
The receptionist was very pleasant and kind, and its a pity that she works for this hotel, she deserves better!!!! Breakfast was OK.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deborah G
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I (both seniors aged 70+) stayed the weekend here from October 5th to 8th.
We found the steps at the front door rather challenging..........may I suggest at least one handrail?
The room was #201 and we were glad to find the lift working nicely. The beds were good and the window quite new. The room was pleasantly warm and we did not need the blankets provided.
Sadly, there was no tea/coffee maker, nor "free" biscuits.
The bathroom has no ventilation and the wall above the bath needs repainting. There were only two medium-size towels and a bath-mat.
The breakfast was OK if uninspiring.
The major drawback is we were uinder the flight-path for Brussels Airport and incomeing flights passed over quite low from 6-00am. This alone would deter us from using the "Georges V" again.
The staff were very obliging and we appreciated their efforts.

The room-maid did a good job but we never saw her, of course.

Room Tip: 201 was noisy at times, some traffic in the street and the incoming airliners woke us eac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David R
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We chose this hotel for its situation. We were not dissapointed, it was within walking distance of the city center (Grand Place) and many restaurants, bars and nightlife. The hotel was located in a quite street.
Yes, this hotel is simple, do not expect great things, but if you are there only to sleep at night it's OK. I was suprised we had a mini fridge in our room.
Breakfast was Ok for the price we paid, we could even take breakfast to go on the last day as the Receptionist was kind enough to prepare it for us, he was very kind I believe his name was Alexander.
Wifi is not free and I think it was 9€ for the whole stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank lilypond_808
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Overall the hotel and bedroom were dirty and in need of repair - wallpaper coming off including behind reception, dirty carpet, pictures off wall, curtains with hooks missing etc but worst was the bathroom in the single room.....you stood at the door and the toilet wash right in front of you and you had to climb over the toilet to get to the shower/bath which was immediatley behibnd where the shower head was not attached to the wall and you certainly wouldn't have had a bath. The wash hand basin was next to the bed so acted as the bedside table. The price paid for this accommodation I could have stayed at the modern Ibis down the road. It is nothing like their website and certainly not 3 star! Many years of travelling I am used to a wide of hotels - even student accommodation I have stayed in when I worked was better than this.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends