“Great local restaurant”

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

It is great place, food was very delicious. I recommend to try ribs, it tastes very nice with belgium beer. Also staff was very friendly for us, atmosphere is very comfort and nice.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Tired from train travel, I wanted to have a quick meal and retire for the evening. Luckily this restaurant was just across the plaza from my lodging (Taptoe B&B) and I thought—what the heck—the name is a little odd, but why not try it. Despite it being a Sunday evening, the place was full of locals which was a good sign. When I went in, the waiter (which I later found out was the actual owner) asked if I had a reservation, which I didn’t. He didn’t send me away, but prepared a special table, and welcomed me inside. B!G (actually written with an exclamation point versus an “i”) Mama Restaurant was a definite find!

The menu had a wide variety of choices, served in generous portions, the prices were very reasonable, and the food and house wine were very delicious. I enjoyed the easy-going and down to earth atmosphere, and the best experience of all, was dealing with the owner. He was exceptionally helpful and friendly, and genuinely wanted everyone to savor his food and the dining experience. I enjoyed this experience so much that I went back the next night. I would have eaten there every evening of my stay in Brussels, however they were closed on the third night of my stay. Too bad, because I would probably have worked my way through their menu items one by one. It was a very positive experience overall—I would definitely eat there again, and again, and again . . .

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We accidentally ended up n this nice little restaurant, as the one we intended to go was full.
They have a variated menu.
Prices are acceptable for good food.
We took the burger which was great, but huge!
I can only recommend this resto and i will certainly go back.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our first meal in Brussels was at Big Mama and we were very pleased with the experience.
The waiter was friendly and genuinely interested in recommending us what to drink and eat.
Portions were huge, tasted and looked delicious. Prices were between 7 euros for starters and 20 euros for main courses, quite reasonable for what they bring you.
When we were there we saw only locals, something that we usually prefer when we want to eat something in a touristic town.
We will definitely go back to Big Mama while we are here, we saw how their beef steak looks and we have to try it.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We walked past Big Mama several times before finally eating there as our last meal in Brussels. It's minutes away from the Grand Place but not actually in it, which is good. It's in a pleasant location with a few galleries nearby.

When we walked in we didn't have any expectation, but it turned out that the food was very good and reasonably priced. Very good service too. The server was a cheerful (Italian?) guy, he offered to translate the menu for us but we chose to work it out ourselves.

I had the linguine with tomatoes and basil and my husband the stoemp. My linguine was baked with tomatoes and spices, smelt and tasted really good. The stoemp was good too.

This place ticked all the boxes: good food, friendly service and reasonably priced!