“Walibi Belgium”

Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Wavre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had a great time. Tried all the high-adrenaline attractions, it's worth it!
Dalton Terror : Almost free fall vertically.
Buzzsaw :Top
Lougarou, Vampire & Cobra : Best

I would definitely return back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

It was a fun day out but rather pricey. The go-karting should be included in the admission price.
There were loads of great rides which were very entertaining.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a good day out here although the ticket price was rather expensive and the rides rather few and far between. Also there height restrictions meant that our children were excluded from rides such as the dodgems which in the UK they would have no problems on. The queues were rather slow, but it was a Saturday, so to be expected. The food was ok, quite a few places were closed so there wasn't much option, just basic hot dogs burgers or chips and it was overpriced. It was ok, nothing special and we wouldn't bother to go back I shouldn't think.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Spent a long Friday in August day at Aqualibi. Arrived at 1000 when they opened; huge crowds going into the Walibi park, almost nobody going to the pool. Had the place almost to ourselves from 1000-1200, very nice.

Got tickets for 15eur at SHAPE, which is a good deal if you're entitled, recommend it.

Aqualibi requires a traditional bathing suit - tight, racing-type, not the baggy short type. If you're American, get used to that in France and Walloon, that's just the way it is. I've got a racing Speedo that goes halfway to my knees, looks like bike shorts, they work fine, if you're not into wearing a banana hammock.

The other unusual thing was 'no shirts'. We ditched our stuff in the lockers - good magnetic wristband system, you don't need to bring euro change for the locker, and the wristband fits snugly and comfortably on your wrist, not worried about it falling off, very good system. Went into the pool with just our towels and suits on. At lunch time, we went back to the locker to get money and I threw on my shirt to go to the snack bar inside the pool area, and got jacked up, "No shirts inside the pool area". Whatever?!! I've been in Belgium long enough to understand there can be situations in which logic has no place. So I took it off and moved along.

Lunch was typical burger-frites-coke menu, ran us 15eur for kids meal and mine, about what I expected.

1300-1500 the place gradually got more and more crowded. We took a 2nd break at 1500, and when we finished our waffles, the place was just insanely crowded with lines for everything. We finally departed at 1700, but by then me and 7 year old were simply exhausted, a good day's work! He slept all the way home.

Slides and things to do - biggest hit was the Rapido, one of those concrete channels that slides about 300m in water six inches deep, dumping into a series of 2' deep pools. Son loved that, he must've done it 20 times. Water was a bit cool, but once you started sliding, you didn't notice it. I got banged up on knees and ankles on this slide, not my favorite. Going belly-first seemed to avoid the banging some.

There's a 3-8 year old section with 4 little slides and fountains and stuff, this was a huge hit with that age group, and my son visited this area several times for 20 or so minutes.

The 'hot tub' was maybe 29 C, meh.

The were two pools, one with the swirly circle jet thing and the other with the big wave pool. Again, water was cool, closer to 26 C I think. But OK.

The Zap slide is great, a short, steep slide you slam into the pool on. Fun and quick turnover, not much waiting.

There's 4 big slides; 120cm for 3 and 140cm height requirement for the Extreme.

One's a 2-man inner tube ride, very mellow.

One's a 1-man inner tube ride, from the upper deck, also nice, not too fast or bangy.

The Jet is the lower tunnel slide, which is Ok, got pretty good speed, great for kids. I got banged around at the finish, did not care for it.

The extreme is the high tunnel slide, 140cm limit. Not too bad, but there was a spot in the middle that always splashed my face, and then I'd try to wipe my face and immediately get slammed into the wall. OVerall fun, but I'm too stupid to not get banged up.

Son had a blast and can't wait to go back. Me, well, he had fun, and I enjoyed the bikinis as usual, so we'll go back sometime.

Oh yeah - parking is 7 eur, pay at the cages on the way out.

So a total of 57eur for the whole day for 2.

1  Thank NATOPatsFan
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a great day out for time with older children and children who like rides and some swimming. I think children will be having a great time all day. The price is normal for this venue, but pick a day when its not too busy so you don't have long to wait for rides. Lunch and snacks can be bough on site, but are pure fast good and not cheap. budget for food! Well worth the visit if coming to brussels for a few days, but be aware its over 30km out of the city center so travel will take 30-45 mins