“Go to D'hoogh”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Go to D'hoogh”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Mechelen has 2 1 star michelen restaurants. If you're looking for the best, go to D'hoogh. This restaurant...well, I don't even see why it has a star. I paid 15 eur for a guy parking my car. I never ever to pay 1 eur for someone to park my car in this type of restaurant. We asked for 2 starters, which was ok. Altough we asked for 1 pre-starter to share, we got 2 plates, and were invoiced for 2. Food was just average, while pricing was very epensive. When talking to the manager/owner (as a local!) he just didn't answer our question in regards the starter being invoiced twice.
He showed no respect whatsoever during the meal

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Fieus

Brussel
“What a super host!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

It is long ago that I received such a good service in a restaurant. Owner Danny Vanderscheuren is one of the best and most friendly hosts I have met. The restaurant was full that evening and they were only with three to do the service so they really had to run but they did it in such a way that you didn't noticed it. And still he made time available at the table to have a friendly chat and that multiple times during the evening, bravo. He really gives you the impression that you are welcome in his restaurant. The food was fine although a bit simple compared to other one star restaurants.

“too expensive”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a business diner on a friday night. Although we had to sit at the latest table available we could have a private conversation without being heared. The food was not top. Asperagus in the winter is not a good idea. The tast of this magnificent vegetable is not the same in winter as in spring. As a main course the chef presncted three preparations of porc. There was only one of the three very good; One was too dry the other was much to greasy. The Italian white wines were very good, the red wine was a portuguese tempranillo who lacked some body. My companion choose the famous Dame blanche with freshly homemade icecream.(super) Our rubarb dessert was for the women at our table to acid and not enough boiled. Service was excellent, the wines and the dishes were correctly presented. When the bill arrived we had the feeling that is was overpriced

• Visited March 2013
Keerbergen, Belgium
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great restaurant with excellent food and a fantastic wine list.
Friendly professional service.
Still one of the best in the region!

Antwerp
“Expensive and debatable quality”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We invited friends for what we assumed would be a commendable 1 star Michelin dining experience. The restaurant touted an excellent menu with Wagyu beef priced at 144 EUR for two and kingfish starter at 40 EUR. As an international business traveler I am fairly accustomed to dining in similar establishments. This particular experience can only be described as a rip-off. Service was sub-minimal and I was embarrassed for my guests. Understanding any restaurant can have a bad day, I cannot countenance excessive charging for what was little more than a steak from the local supermarket.

• Visited December 2012