“Fantastic food”

Passade
Ranked #17 of 234 Restaurants in Mechelen
Cuisines: Diner, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Food-Drinks-Events Taste life, it's delicious!
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went here last night with some friends. A nice place with a pleasant atmosphere. I had a risotto with truffle and deep fried artichoke heart as a starter, and it was absolutely divine. For the main course, I had porc with pancetta, peppers and croquette potatoes, which was also lovely.

My only complaint is that it took too long for the starters to arrive, but we didn't have to wait long between the starter and main course.

It's a bit on the pricey side, but for the food that you get, it's worth paying a little extra.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful experience. We were early and started out on the sunny terrace (we were lucky: first of October and still lots of sun) with some excellent gin tonics (nice choice of both gins and tonics with excellent advice on both).
We took some tapas for our early hunger. Good price-value ratio on those.
We took 3 different dishes: I had excellent Kangaroo. One friend had the King Crab from the a la carte, which was very good. The other companion wanted king crab but natural instead of with kokos and pasta. The kitchen did prepare it with a nice butter sauce! Excellent service.
We wanted our red wine chilled and they managed to bring it fast like we wanted it.
Overall an excellent experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been a few times to this restaurant and I must say that I can blindly recommend it to anyone who does not want to leave anything to luck. Business lunch, date, family dinner, for all these occasions Passade works out just fine! Food is very good quality (place is not the cheapest but you get the quality for price!), service is very appropriate. Waiters speak English, French, Dutch.
I can honestly recommend this place!

Passade, General Manager at Passade, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear AgataStar,
Thank you for being one of our highly valued loyal guests and for taking the time to review the Passade
Your compliments on behalf of the food quality and service will be passed on to the team. Kind words as such are a great motivation for them to continuously strive to deliver excellent hospitality.
Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Lovely upstairs private party with Flemish, Italian and American food choices, decorated with their national flags. Lovely candelabras and lighting so romantic. Staff very attentive, kept hor d'eurves, champagne coming and attention to detail during dinner. Nice location, plenty of parking.

Dear Ruth P,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I am thrilled you enjoyed the food (and champagne ;) ) and the overall experience in our party hall. I will be happy to share your feedback with my entire team and tell them that your son's wedding reception was a great succes. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to Passade and we are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future! Again congratulations with your son's marriage.
Kindest regards,
General Manager Passade

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been there for dinner with a colleague. We preferred to have Japanese and Thai food - and it was quite delicious. Dessert was also very good...

The staffs were really nice and service was quick. However, the food was on a bit expensive side.

Negative side - not a silent place...

But overall recommended...

Passade, Manager at Passade, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear ManishRaj13,
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback.
We deeply appreciate your positive comments, but also take very seriously the entire experience you have described. Your comments are therefore highly appreciated and of great value!
It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the (near) future!
Kindest regards,