“great meal, great place, great people”
Review of Frida & de Henri's - CLOSED

Frida & de Henri's
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At the spot where in 1876 Scala ballroom was located, you can now dine in restaurant Frida & de Henri's. The ballroom, which disappeared from the impact of a V2 bomb in the Second World War, gave way to an old garage that was converted into a restaurant which seats 32 people. The interior has a loft atmosphere and is decorated with Danish furniture from the second 50s and 60s. You can choose from a limited seasonal menu that changes every two months. Pure food and quality products are priorities.Frida & de Henri's works with pure quality products that come from all over the word. This does not mean that your meal has been reduced to the base. On the contrary, authenticity reigns. You can taste the interaction between classical and contemporary cooking accompanied by a personal touch. The atmosphere is cosy and relaxed with an emphasis on personal service resulting in an enjoyable dining experience.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The location is a bit a-typical, but one inside, this restaurant is a real discovery !
Spacious, quality dishes with a stylish twist and such a nice no-nonsense hospitality.
Only open at night unfortunately so no lunches, which is a shame is a perfect place for a business lunch.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

to celebrate our birthday, my parents, wife and I went to a restaurant where we had - living in Mechelen - passed by already a couple of times but never entered. We regret we did not enter before. It was a great diner experience. Friendly receipt, relaxed and cosy atmosphere, limited but original menu and great wine. We selected the 3- courses menu (44€) which was great value for money. All ingredients were of high-quality, tasted delicious and were certainly fresh. Also the 2 'amuses from the house' were certainly appreciated.
If I have to give one negative point: the paces against the wall are quite hard to sit on, so not ideal for people with back problems.

This is a place where we will certainly return for special occasions, since it has to stay special :-).

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We 've been a couple of times at Frida & de Henri's, enjoying a nice atmosphere that is both distinguished and relaxed. They offer a limited but nicely chosen selection of fresh dishes, which change every month. Even when you take a rather traditional dish, they know how to transform it into a refreshing experience. Price is a bit high for my wallet to eat there on a frequent base, but evey special occasion is an opportunity to return. I can advice this place to all my friends.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Recommended as a great place, it didn't dissapoint. The restaurant has an open interior, with some playful attributes and provides their customers a lot of room to sit in and enjoy their evening. The menu has a fine choice of classic dishes, but all done with a delicious twist and presented by helpfull and honest people. A small chat afterwards with the kitchen team made me curious of the their future creations, so Ill definitely go back.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I wanted to celebrate my 33th birthday in style, with good food and time to talk with my best friends. Our dinner at Frida & Henri's was delicious and we enjoyed the very stilish interior. Great service, good price/quality