Excellent location, very friendly owner, nicely decorated rooms, lovely breakfast incl fresh juice
Would give 3 tot 4 points looking at value for money, if the sheets did have stains..
Already noticed when getting in bed a not so fresh smell, which i noticed a few times dyring the night ( woke up quite a lot as blankets were too thick and no sheet availale). My boyfriend was in doubt " maybe they came out of the closet?", however they smelled used to me... In de morning we noticed that the cover sheet and cover pilowws had stains as well so that did not feel too great
Pitty! All the rest was great looking at the price
However, some things to also consider:
- if you are not a good sleeper and plan to sleep till after 7, you might want to reconsider. Wood floors were lovely but made a lot of noise, housekeeping started early in the other rooms which you could clearly hear, kids were crying at 7, it has its charm, but you should know beforehand
- no shower, however lovely free standing bath tube!
- no hairdryer in room 1 although mentioned on the site
- no keys for the door, ok for us, but housekeeping stepped in by accident around 8.30 while we were cuddling in bed :-)
- limited shampoo
A little extra effort and clean sheets would have resulted in a 4 definately
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your De Groene Maan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.