NH Mechelen(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$82
$80
  • Restaurant
Mercure Mechelen Ve(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Spa
$95
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

Novotel Mechelen Centrum(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$79
$71
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

VixX Hotel(Mechelen)
$122
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$94
  • Breakfast included
De Groene Maan(Mechelen)
$101
1,117 results
All reviewsold churchstained glassconverted churchunique hotelper nighta special placebeautiful roommain buildingarchitectural elementshotel builtlots of characterbreakfast roommodern facilitiesbusiness meetingcomfortable bedparking garagean upgrade
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Difficult to find even with NAV-GPS. Located on narrow 2 way street. Tiny garage spaces down a steep, narrow ramp for EURO 25 a night! Took 10 minutes to navigate small car into a parking spot. No elevator to hotel - luggage was a problem. Reception sort of cold & my first contact had trouble w/ English. Business meeting in progress--place was a madhouse. My room (515) was smallish & poorly lit. Bad lighting in bathroom & no magnifying mirror. TV didn't work--missed the last few minutes of the 1st World cup game. Poor lighting in the room & fake stained glass. Skipped the 20 Euro breakfast. Will never stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank jmurrayolympic
Stijn B, General Manager at Martin's Patershof, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear jmurrayolympic,

Thank you very much for your message through TripAdvisor.
I notice that your experience in our hotel was below your expectations. I would like to apologize for that.

Thanks to your feedback, we are able to improve our guest services.

Our hotel (read church) was built in 1867.
If we had not made the transformation from church to hotel, there wouldn't be a church anymore. We gave the magnificent building a new life. So unfortunately, I cannot agree with "better off as a church".

As there were no cars yet in 1867, people "forgot" building an underground car park under the church for the modern times. Horses and carriages where kept outside.
However, we are happy to be able to offer the service of an underground car park, just next door under the new part of the Patershof site. There are 20 places upon availability at 25 euro a night.
Even if the ramp is a bit narrow, this should not be a problem for any gentleman who can drive a car. If it should be, don't hesitate to ask us to help you. Our 50 neighbors and I do this every day 2 times.

I agree with your comment about the lightning in the room. Last week, we ordered 540 new LED bulbs which is an investment of about 12.000 euro. This will not only improve the lightning into the room, but will be very good for our environment as well. This is very important to us, as we are one of the most ecologic hotels. We obtained the EMAS certification, the ISO14001 and we are a Green Key hotel.

We hope we may welcome you another time in the future.
If you would consider, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights recently while visiting Mechelen on business. I hadn't booked the hotel myself so wasn't sure what to expect but I was very pleasantly surprised.

I didn't spend a lot of time either in the hotel or exploring the area but I found the hotel to be really good as a building, all the public areas were modern and clean and the architecture is something in itself.

In terms of my room - a good, business hotel room with plenty of space, good facilities, good bathroom and very modern, clean and, again, had some of the original building exposed which makes it a lot more interesting.

Sleep quality was good and the breakfast buffet was also good the following morning as were all the staff that I met - friendly and helpful.

Based on what I saw on my brief stay, I'd be more than happy to stay here again and would recommend it to someone staying in the area.

My only comment to the hotel would be that they could maybe add a way to make a cup of tea in the rooms alongside coffee but that's a very English request :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Stijn B, General Manager at Martin's Patershof, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Mike T,

Thank you very much for your lovely words and thank you for your constructive remark about the coffee (& tea) facilitys in the room. I will keep this in mind for the future.

I hope, we may welcome you again with us soon!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nice enough but is let down a little when you realise that a lot of the rooms have coloured plastic on the windows to make them mock stained glass. Rooms are also quite sparse and dull. Food was ok but nothing to rave about. Bar was nice and we'll stocked.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear karl_pearson,

Thank you very much for your message through TripAdvisor.

Since we are located in an former church/convent it was a real challenge in dividing the rooms. Our hotel is built in a unique setting which also makes us special. As we could not change the structure of the church/convent we had to divide the rooms according to available space.

Every room has its own feature and character. We always try to allocate the rooms the best way possible but it’s not easy to know the wishes of the client. It’s very objective and depends from person to person. We try to do our best to meet the expectations of our customers.

All stained glass windows are the authentique windows from the former church. We had to keep them like it was!

Hope to may welcome you again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our anniversary and I am always looking for a special place to celebrate this. This hotel was recommended by a colleague and we were not disappointed! we had an exceptional room and this was an absolute breath taker! The bed was extremely comfortable and you really feel like you sleep in luxury, in an old church!

Only downside maybe is the city Mechelen. Not the most exciting city for a short city trip but the hotel makes it worth the visit!

Room Tip: Higher rate rooms can be worth the money and offer a even more special experience
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stijn B, General Manager at Martin's Patershof, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear RobbertJacobs,

Thank you very much for your message through TripAdvisor.
Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Stange that you didn't liked the city of Mechelen.
I think, Mechelen is the most exciting city for a short trip for the next years...
It's a hidden gem between Antwerp & Brussels.
Haven't you visited Kazerne Dossin or the toys museum?
If you prefer shopping, in a big part of the city center are cars not allowed.

Check the website! During next summer, there are a lot of things to do.

Hope to may welcome you again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

As no company prefered Hotel was available in Mechelen we stayed at Martin's Patershof.
It is not like the normal business hotels it is a very special place. I had a big room on the 1st floor. A little bit dark but in general ok. The power plug below the desk was also a sign for me that business people are not the main clients for this hotel.. The bed was excellent. The view not so as I was looking to the backyard.
The breakfast buffet had a good quality and the breakfast room was really special as well.
Another good point is, that it is in walking distance to the city center.
Overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business