NH Mechelen(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$87
$85
  • Restaurant
Mercure Mechelen Ve(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Spa
$96
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Novotel Mechelen Centrum(Mechelen)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$79
$72
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

VixX Hotel(Mechelen)
$123
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$69
$95
  • Breakfast included
B&B Garden55(Mechelen)
$109
1,117 results
All reviewsold churchstained glassconverted churchunique hotelper nighta special placebeautiful roommain buildingarchitectural elementshotel builtlots of characterbreakfast roommodern facilitiesbusiness meetingcomfortable bedparking garagean upgrade
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My group (22 room nights) are international business travelers, and all were very pleased with their accommodations and the service at the hotel, in fact a few of them were quite impressed with the unique design! It made for a memorable and pleasant stay. Staff is outstanding, and very competently carried out all requests I made on behalf of the group. The planning aspect of securing the rooms and related details, including arranging a group breakfast, were made easy by Emilie and Sara. It was a great pleasure to work with them, and I also specify Max at the front desk for being perfectly helpful and engaging with my group. We hope to return soon.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Stijn B, General Manager at Martin's Patershof, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear DeeNewYork,

Thank you very much for your lovely words!

The unique design and conversion of the building is one thing... for us, it is a gift to may work in such a place.

Friendliness and customer service is another thing which is for me the biggest challenge and the most important thing about hospitality.
I work every day on these aspects together with my team.
When people even mention the names of the staff... it means they did an awesome job!

I hope, we may welcome you back soon with us!
Kind Regards,

Stijn Beschuyt
Martin's Patershof Mechelen

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Or actually it is not the view you want but the windows. The hotel is in an old church and they tried to keep the church intact. That means that you can sleep in a room with the coloured church-glasses still in there. Very beautiful! But be aware that because of the coloured glasses the room seems a bit dark. We were also pleasantly surprised by the bath, you could turn it into an hot tub. We were in one of the great rooms at the fifth floor, I'm don't know if the other rooms on the lower floors are also that beautiful. Breakfast is plenty and the city center is around the corner. If you stay on a Sunday, parking is free in the street.
We had a diner arrangement in one of the restaurants in the city. Unfortunately the dinner wasn't anything special. But overall we loved the two days in this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose one on the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Fantastic converted church right in the heart of Mechelen, beautifully finished and designed, full of original features and character with a tasteful blend of contemporary. From a design point of view I was really impressed, and I believe that the Martin’s group has a penchant for finding cool and funky spaces and converting them into hotels. Nice!
I booked a ‘junior suite’ in the ‘centre’ of the church (317) for 438 Euros for 2 nights, which promised ecclesiastical features which I thought would be good to experience – although the ‘standard’ double rooms advertised on booking.com are a lot less. However, it was in reality more like a large double room – I think the ‘junior suite’ tag was justified by a chaise lounge tucked in the corner – which was handy for throwing clothes on to!
The room was fabulously finished with golds, browns and stony neutral colours, with dark wood furnishings and nice silky fabrics for the curtains and cushion covers … and obviously a lot of attention had been paid to décor detail.
There were five small arched windows in the room, three overlooking the rooftops and two blacked out, and two large curtains pulled closed to cover all of them. The bed had a large soft-shine piped-fabric arch shaped headboard - and was really comfortable to sleep in.
The desking was adequate and so was the storage. There was a fridge / minibar which contained some basics – with lots of space for your own stuff, a safe which I didn’t use and a Douwe Egberts coffee machine – which was a tad grumpy … or maybe it was the operator! I got it working properly on the second morning!
A separate toilet and bathroom had all the hooks, storage space, etc. you needed, half-decent toiletries, but nothing special.
The room was really dark … and I know people will say ‘DOH .. what d’you expect … it’s an old church!’ which are mostly known for their darkness, strategically placed windows and relationships with light vis-à-vis hierarchy and congregations … but, somehow, it was not quite what I had expected from looking at the website.
The lighting was moody and Ok if you wanted to chill out, but once again in many hotels of this style, there was no ‘bright’ lighting scene which made it comfortable for screen work!
Because of that, judging by that room … and for the price … it’s not somewhere I would have wanted to spend too much time. However, I didn’t need to worry about that as I was working. The venue where I was working was a 10 minute drive and really convenient from the hotel just around the Mechelen ring road.
The hotel has a few spaces in a car park just up the road for 25 Euros a night … and there are various city centre options for public parking at less than half the price with walking distances of between 3 and 10 minutes away.
The WI-FI was terrible!!
I arrived and had to wait a couple of hours before the room was ready – so I at in the lobby and got on with work, and everything was great!
In the room it kept dropping out every 5 minutes …. Really annoying. I was out that evening, so I tried when I arrived back – same thing, and the same again in the morning. By this time I was completely hacked off with this and so used my iPhone to as a Wi-Fi connections (as the Voda 3/4G card didn’t get a signal either!). The iPhone access worked – expensively - for all the urgent stuff I had to do before doing to site for the day to work.
I complained about the Wi-Fi on the way out that morning – all the staff were really friendly, nice and apparently helpful by the way! The receptionist mentioned that she would repot it to the IT department, I thought it might just have been that there was a very weak signal in my room! Then I went out for the day/
Back after midnight – same thing – which really hacked me off! Back to the iPhone as a hotspot!
So overall completely underwhelmed with the connectivity and for that reason, despite the fact that it’s a really cool space, and it is a great conversion of it and although I am an atheist I do love church architecture … I won’t go back to anywhere where the internet is an uphill struggle. I simply can’t work like that!
On check-out I again voiced my disappointment with the internet … and they said that apparently there was some wider problem with their Wi-Fi – it wasn’t just local to my room. However, if that is the case, then really they need to be sharper with trying to sort it out – 2 days for a hotel of that calibre to have connectivity issues is not good.
The bar on the ground floor looked fantastic as did the restaurant space – which I think is where the altar area would have been … but I didn’t get a chance to check either out!
So nothing bad about Martin’s Patershof, and I will definitely check out other Martin’s Hotels in the future… but next time I need to stay in Mechelen .. I will look first at the other couple of good sounding city centre options.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was my 2nd time at this hotel - a conversion from a cathedral. Both times I have stayed at the "church floor", i.e. Ae executive rooms. I liked the 4th floor better than 5th because the room was larger but some may appreciate the archs more although they may take more room (the arches meet at their apices). There is no view but a beautiful stained glass window instead. Rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds are soft. The hair-drier is a proper one. There are no slippers or robes in the executive room. Breakfast is ok but with sparkling wine. The music in the breakfast room did not fit with the style and was too loud but could not spoil the effect. Beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is warth visit. Is built in old church. In the center of the city. Rooms are nice and clean. A bit dark. Bathroom perfect. Breakfast not incl. And very good. Free wi fi. No free parking. The lobby is nice. In general recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business